ENG: ac removal f22a1 (with pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommi View Post
    ummm what ps belt are u running since u dont have ac? i am having a hard time finding a belt that will work in my car. or mayb the dudes are dumb that work at autozone.
    The PS belt is unaffected by the presence/absence of the AC condenser. The critical one would be the alternator belt, and he included that in the write up.

Anyhow, whenever you need a custom belt, just grab a piece of twine or a shoelace and measure off what length you need roughly. Take that to an auto store with a decent selection of accessory belts, buy the right length, one longer, and one shorter. Use the one that fits and return the rest.

I'm assuming there should be one more radiator of some sort that sits directly in the air flow of the cabin vent system. Not to be overly picky, but it would be useful to know where that is and how one might get at it.

Comment

would you go the extra mile (or in this case a lot more) to remove the rest under the dash? though you might loose some venting ducts this way. good work nonetheless!
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by timmy0tool View Post
        would you go the extra mile (or in this case a lot more) to remove the rest under the dash? though you might loose some venting ducts this way. good work nonetheless!
        I have to remove the condenser in the AC duct also, so I may post some pics up when I do it.

Comment

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but will it still blow air at all with everything that you removed? Might seem like a dumb question but I need some circulation of air from time to time before I go yanking more stuff out of my cb
          Hoonigan: a person who participates in any type of reckless driving including but not limited to drifting, drag racing, burnouts, doughnuts as well as acts of automotive aeronautics.
          MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=195250

Comment

Originally posted by SilverFox View Post
            Sorry to bring up an old thread, but will it still blow air at all with everything that you removed? Might seem like a dumb question but I need some circulation of air from time to time before I go yanking more stuff out of my cb
            It will still blow air. You'll have your heater but you won't have any cold air.

Comment

awesome thanks, my AC never blew that cold so now I know I can shave off a few more lbs
              Hoonigan: a person who participates in any type of reckless driving including but not limited to drifting, drag racing, burnouts, doughnuts as well as acts of automotive aeronautics.

Comment

Why do you need to remove your bumper.can't wait to do this

Comment

Originally posted by 90CB7EURO View Post
                  Why do you need to remove your bumper.can't wait to do this
                  To remove some a/c lines behind it

I don't see whats so exciting about an a/c delete

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                    To remove some a/c lines behind it

I don't see whats so exciting about an a/c delete
                    Nothing really exciting about it. Usually it costs more to fix the a/c, depending on what it is, than most people wanna pay. It doesn't shave off much weight really but it does take some of the drag off the engine turning a part that never gets used and could possibly seize up and burn up a belt.

Also it frees up some knuckle space when working on certain things.
                    We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
                    Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

[QUOTE=Granite CB7;2619642] Did you remove the evaporator too? Removing that and making the box airtight adds blower motor velocity QUOTE]

What exactly are you talking about, what box do you make airtight? I already removed all the hard lines, condensor, fan and sub-harness along with that little black tank. and what have you guys used to plug the holes in the firewall?
                      Last edited by SilverFox; 11-27-2012, 03:02 PM. Reason: bad spelling...

Comment

Originally posted by dbales View Post
                        Nothing really exciting about it. Usually it costs more to fix the a/c, depending on what it is, than most people wanna pay. It doesn't shave off much weight really but it does take some of the drag off the engine turning a part that never gets used and could possibly seize up and burn up a belt.

Also it frees up some knuckle space when working on certain things.
                        9/10 our cars a/c doesn't work due to a leak

replacing nearly every seal in the system can be done in about 1-2 hours

A set of r134a adapter valves, 3 cans of r134a refrigerant and some PAG oil later and you have fully working a/c for about $50 and a couple hours of work. I'd rather keep my a/c, even if you say " oh i don't mind the heat ", if you get stuck in the rain and your windows fog up it can be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverFox View Post
                          What exactly are you talking about, what box do you make airtight? I already removed all the hard lines, condensor, fan and sub-harness along with that little black tank. and what have you guys used toi plug the wholes in the firewall?
                          The evaporator under the dash. Remove it and use silver tape to seal the duct. Or better yet order the ac bypass duct from Honda.

Find a DX with no AC in the junkyard and pop the plug out of the firewall. Or order it from Honda for $5 - 10.
                          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

alrighty then, thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                            X