No announcement yet.

Proof that tickets aren't for enforcing laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quotas are real u guys need to get ur facts str8.
    Coming from a man who is constantly in court fighting tickets, I've overheard cops talking about how much they made towards there daily quota.
    And they only way to catch speeders is to set up a speed trap how else wud they catch u DUH!! Same goes for stop signs unless they were directly behind or around to see u run it they'd have to camp and catch law breakers.
    Summer 11' Big plans (Bodywork/paint/rims etc..) in Progress STAY TUNED

CLICK THE PIC

Comment

Another possible side effect to much higher speeding fines is people not stopping for the ticket. If your speeding ticket is going to be $400, well that sux. If your speeding ticket is gonna be $1200, then for alot of people I know it's kinda worth the risk to just run.
      Not that I support this type of decision making, but for some you're fuk'd or you're fuk'd. Kinda like when you're racing.

Member's Ride Thread

Will work for food, car parts, or three stripe apparel. And not necessarily in that order

Comment

CHP does NOT have quotas and that is a fact. There police chief has come out publicly many time talking about the internet rumors that have come out. There is PROOF of that.
        Coming from a family of Cops (2 state troopers and 3 municipal cops) and a cop in training(ME!!) there are NOOO quotas

One response came from the California Highway Patrol, whose traffic responsibilities include freeways and highways, plus roadways in unincorporated county areas. "The CHP does not have quotas," CHP Senior Public Information Officer Tom Marshall said.

"Enforcement activity is taken where and when appropriate. It's important to understand that neither the CHP nor the state receive any funds from fines paid for citations written by CHP officers. The money goes to the local court system. Thus, there is no incentive for the CHP to have a quota system."

Marshall explained that the number of citations issued for a particular roadway section "may increase temporarily, but it has nothing to do with anything resembling a quota system.""
        Last edited by Bcozzi71; 01-05-2010, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Have you guys ever thought about quotas being set for/by certain police departments because maybe they are being lazy and they want them to keep busy and be productive?

Just a thought.
          H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Of course they HAVE to say that. Who would want to drive around knowing that cops are forced to write a certain number of citations per shift. It would freak a lot of drivers out to know that for a fact. I could go speak to my friend Mike, who was once an exCHP now undercover Sheriff, again. But he would only tell me the same answer. There are unofficial quotas that the CHP officers need to meet per shift. CHP does have quotas. Same with Sheriffs.

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post
            CHP does NOT have quotas and that is a fact. There police chief has come out publicly many time talking about the internet rumors that have come out. There is PROOF of that.
            Coming from a family of Cops (2 state troopers and 3 municipal cops) and a cop in training(ME!!) there are NOOO quotas

Comment

Originally posted by gcvphoto View Post
              Of course they HAVE to say that. Who would want to drive around knowing that cops are forced to write a certain number of citations per shift. It would freak a lot of drivers out to know that for a fact. I could go speak to my friend Mike, who was once an exCHP now undercover Sheriff, again. But he would only tell me the same answer. There are unofficial quotas that the CHP officers need to meet per shift. CHP does have quotas. Same with Sheriffs.
              so if know one breaks the law they just make it up?

Comment

I heard this on the radio last night while going 110 on i-16 on the way back to my apartment from Savannah.

Comment

so if know one breaks the law they just make it up?
                  :sarcasm:Yeah, because Americans drive so carefully and according to the laws that they NEVER do anything illegal.:sarcasm: Have you even spent time driving at all? If so, you would notice that there are enough people committing traffic violations on a daily basis that cops do not need to poach AT ALL in order to meet their quotas.

PS. If you haven't heard of bullshit tickets before... then feel lucky. I was driving in my 1969 Oldsmobile 98 LS on the freeway at 65 in the slow lane of the freeway. I saw a cop behind me and thought nothing of it. Then he pulled me over and asked me if i have been drinking. He didn't ask why I thought I was being pulled over, like most do. Then after looking at my license, which I had gotten a month before, the officer writes a speeding ticket that says I was going 85 in a 65. This is very possible for me to do, but the MPG between those two speeds in my car is a difference of 50%. I never sped in that car because it had HORRIBLE mpg. So, why would he give me a ticket for going 85 when I was going 65? I smell a BS ticket.

(I am not one to deny when I get a ticket if I was speeding or not. I am responsible for my actions and I know that when I get pulled over. However, the above mentioned incident is my one example of a cop falsifying the ENTIRE citation that he wrote. Which I still have saved somewhere in my room (part of an on-going investigation against certain SVPD officers.)
                  Last edited by gcvphoto; 01-09-2010, 12:40 PM.

Comment

26 in a 25 is breaking the law. My friend's mom got a ticket for that. It was probably at 11:55pm on the last day of the month...

But yes, I went to the store and the carwash today. I didn't wear my seatbelt for a block. I did 3 "rolling stops"... not a complete stop at a stopsign. I turned on a red light without stopping first (it has just turned red, and I knew that there was a left turn arrow before oncoming traffic was a problem for me). I'm quite sure I went 5 over the limit at least. I was also closer than 4 car lengths from the old fart in front of me that was going 35 in a 45.
                    Those are just the things I KNOW I did wrong. I bet there are a few more I was unaware of. Imagine if I got fined for every one of those violations in that one 30 minute trip... Now multiply me (and I consider myself a good driver) by thousands. That's the cars that pass through my town in a day. Just my town. And most of those drivers aren't as good as I am.

Cops have their pick.

Comment

^ hahaha That reminded me of Jim Carrey in Liar Liar when he tells the cop everything he did.

Fletcher Reede: Here it goes. I sped, I followed too closely, I ran a stop sign, I almost hit a Chevy, I sped some more, I failed to yield at a crosswalk, I changed lanes at an intersection, I changed lanes without signaling while running a red light and SPEEDING!
                      Cop: Is that all?
                      Fletcher Reede: No. I have unpaid parking tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by gcvphoto View Post
                        :sarcasm:Yeah, because Americans drive so carefully and according to the laws that they NEVER do anything illegal.:sarcasm: Have you even spent time driving at all? If so, you would notice that there are enough people committing traffic violations on a daily basis that cops do not need to poach AT ALL in order to meet their quotas.

PS. If you haven't heard of bullshit tickets before... then feel lucky. I was driving in my 1969 Oldsmobile 98 LS on the freeway at 65 in the slow lane of the freeway. I saw a cop behind me and thought nothing of it. Then he pulled me over and asked me if i have been drinking. He didn't ask why I thought I was being pulled over, like most do. Then after looking at my license, which I had gotten a month before, the officer writes a speeding ticket that says I was going 85 in a 65. This is very possible for me to do, but the MPG between those two speeds in my car is a difference of 50%. I never sped in that car because it had HORRIBLE mpg. So, why would he give me a ticket for going 85 when I was going 65? I smell a BS ticket.
                        You just proved my point with that...Cops aren't just writing tickets to make a quota they are writing them when someone breaks the law.
                        Also that does suck but its not a BS ticket. He wasnt sitting there going enhhh ill give this guy a ticket. He prolly got someone on the left of you going 85 and pulled you over. Like Deev said they have their pickings they don't need to make up tickets.

Comment

Qu

You just proved my point with that...Cops aren't just writing tickets to make a quota they are writing them when someone breaks the law.
                          Also that does suck but its not a BS ticket. He wasnt sitting there going enhhh ill give this guy a ticket. He prolly got someone on the left of you going 85 and pulled you over. Like Deev said they have their pickings they don't need to make up tickets.
                          Nope. He thought I was drunk and wanted to get a DUI. I think he could tell I wasn't speeding when he was following me for over 5 miles and tailgating me.

Just because I explained that cops don't need to write bullshit tickets does not mean that cops don't have a quota, at all. I have heard, from the mouth of a CHP officer and a Sheriff, that they do have to meet a quota. END OF STORY. Quotas are real, get over it.

Comment

The motherfucker is not hoping people slow down..he wants you to speed so his budget deficit is smaller and he can get all the credit.

Comment

Quotas are real, but there are plenty of legitimate reasons to pull someone over.
                              "bullshit tickets" are given for breaking laws that everyone breaks on a regular basis. Still, it doesn't matter if everyone is doing it, if you get caught doing it, you're still breaking the law.

Comment

When I get a ticket while going 65 on the freeway in a 65 zone and the cop writes that I was going 85 and gives me a ticket for speeding, well thats a bullshit ticket.

Comment

Working...
                                X