Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Are you new to our forum? READ FIRST POST!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you new to our forum? READ FIRST POST!

If you have never joined a forum before, this site can look pretty hard to find real information in.

You could also feel unwelcome, because you have NO IDEA how things work around a site like this, and you’re not getting the help you need.

Well, that’s why you’re reading this.
    And after you're done reading this- Bump the thread. (Post a reply, to bring it to the top of the page)

The VERY first thing you should know about a Forum is that we appreciate people who try to make themselves understood. Please write out your words, and use the best grammar you possess- because if we can't understand you, we can't help you! Also, if you post from a phone it is not a good idea to be sloppy about this. Chances are, you might really need help!

Forum Terms

A “thread” is the clickable link to a conversation about the topic you clicked on. (This is why we frown upon vague thread titles)

Threads are grouped together into “forums”. There are the General Forums and within those are the more specific ones. (Often these are referred to as sub-forums or child forums) There can also be rules inside these sub forums, that are specific to that area. (The “For Sale” forum is an example. Once you are able to post in those forums, you need to read those rules.) Why your post count matters is explained in the rules link below.

The first thing you should do is read the rules of the Forum at large. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157814

Most of the important things are bolded, or highlighted in some way.
    But really, it comes down to one thing.
    Be nice.
    Treat people the way you want to be treated.

The next term you should know is a very important word… STICKIES.
    Stickies are threads that are permanently “at the top” of almost every page in a forum.
    They contain lots- and I mean A LOT of archived (older, and more researched) materials.
    Most of the general info on our cars is in the stickies, but also, wiring diagrams and images that you probably won’t find outside this site.

Which brings me to a VERY IMPORTANT topic, Searching.
    Searching will eliminate the need to make threads- threads about questions that have probably been answered a million times, or more. Please utilize the search function BEFORE making a thread. Also, if your phone is capable of making a thread in this forum, it is capable of searching this forum. Do it. Ralphie made a thread on searching
    so that we could actually find info we need.

Mods and Admins=BOSS
    No, they are not here to torment you. Our benevolent banstick wielders treat us all the same. They want you to do some VERY SIMPLE things. Mainly, follow the rules. Deeve has even banned himself on occasion, I do believe. Lol! So if they ask you to do something, please remember that these guys are actually here to help you should you need it.

Personal Messages
    “PM’s” are the private messages between you and another user. USE IT. We do not like call out/fight threads and you will be banned for making one.

How to post pics, links, and vids http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158273

Slang and Forum Abbreviations http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=46042

Don’t worry, you’ll catch on.
    Hopefully by now, things seem to make a little more sense.

Don’t forget to click on “Control Panel” in the top header (to the left of where the search button is) and explore the features there.

One feature that I will highlight that is on the Control Panel or "User CP" are "Reputation Points".
    Rep points appear as colored boxes under the user name.
    Green boxes are "positive" rep, red boxes are "negative" rep, and grey is rep from noobs.
    If someone says something you find clever, is helpful to you, or is giving stupid/wrong advice- you have a way of anonymously saying "I approve" or "I disapprove" of this post- and a short note.
    The icon for Rep is at the bottom of the post to be repped, to the left, and is a scale.
    It is anonymous- but mods can see who left what- so abuse this system at your own peril.

Lets use that archive a little more.

Want Pics?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166748
    Want motor swap list/info?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=159041
    Want to know how to get low?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178582
    How about General Maintenance/Repair?
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158531

That should start you out.

Remember, that if you play by the rules- you can become a valued member of this REAL online community. There is a place here for people who DIY, as well as guys who don’t get greezy. The rules apply to EVERYONE equally. Enjoy your new forum life!!!
    Last edited by LadyG; 09-02-2013, 05:26 PM. Reason: made the title better
    Project wagon! Much excite! 2018!

That Sedan. Purchased '07-->Swap'd-->Tuck'd-->Wreck'd-->May '16

Pretty sure this is the coolest post ever made on this site. Sticky, Moderator promotion, Queen Bee...something.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by mikew View Post
      pretty Sure This Is The Coolest Post Ever Made On This Site. Sticky, Moderator Promotion, Queen Bee...something.

+1

my new turbo build

Comment

Def a great write up Monica......

only problem is the newbs won't read it. lol.

I guess if it helps one then it was worth it.

Comment

LOL, Ralphie, that's why I'll bump it- and I don't want it stickied. If it were- noobs wouldn't read it!!!

Comment

HA. Monica you said stickies..
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Wonderful! If every forum had this everyone would deal with less frustration. My only suggestion would be...when you first sign up and agree to the rules(you know, when you have to check that box that says i agree?), a link to this thread should be posted at the top of the rules. I bet more would read it if it was there.
              ODBWeldingWerks
              Team Kindred Impulse Jax FL

Comment

Very nice work! I have a few ideas for additions, but I don't want it to get too wordy... or NOBODY will read it! So perhaps it's best just the way it is

Comment

If anyone wants advice feel free to PM. I'll be more than happy to help you out
                  MRT
                  37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                  30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                  27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                  Originally posted by Tippey764
                  I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  sneaky motherfucker

Comment

fack....

+ rep added....

Comment

I wish I had this thread on my forum. Well written!
                      My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Feel free to copy and paste, and insert your own links.

Please give me credit somewhere though.

Comment

very nice write up Monica
                          1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                          1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                          1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                          1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

Bookmarked the engine swap info thanx for the links!

Comment

All those links are in "sticky" threads throughout the forum. You'd be doing yourself a favor to read through all of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X