Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3M clear hood bra

I recently got my CB painted finally!
    Now I want to protect that work with a hood bra (seeing as how California roads are not well maintained

I own a OEM accessory hood bra and have used that on my last maroon cb7 and what I have noticed is that it's very good at collecting pine needles, water and leaves..... even though I love the look.

To take care of the problem I have looked Into the 3M protective shield which is transparent and still saves my paint from chips and I don't have to deal with everything collecting in the hood bra.....

Is there any techniques anyone has used on there OEM bra to keep all the harmful debris off? Or is it better to spend some money and get the 3M hood bra?

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

The cars I work on with clear bra seems to hold up really well. You could put it down so it extends slightly past the edges of your OEM bra.

It also helps to take the bra off every couple weeks and clean underneath and the bra itself

Comment

I will go get some quotes on the 3M tomarrow... I do attempt to clean the OEM as much as possible but it's those pesky pine needles and leaves that just find any crevis on my car to slide into. I'm almost always dusting my car in the morning and finding them lining my trunk sides..... I need to go get the felt end re stitched on my OEM if that's going back on though... thanks

Do it once, do it right.
      Missing My
      Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

I don't know of any bra treatments off the top of my head, but I have a car tent that keeps sap and leaves from getting in my trunk/roof visor/hood/brakes. Great investment, just take it down if it snows heavy where you live. I also have these that used to fall all over my car when it rained.

Comment

unfortunately I have to park on the street. If I was able I would be all over getting a car port for my car. My house has I think two massive pine trees that cover the street quite well. If i was to park across the street I run into a different tree which covers the road. my next door neighbor has no tree but a palm tree which doesn't cover there street or drive way.... I am stuck parking under a tree one way or another.... not many options you can do under a tree on the street...... I am looking for putting the hood bra on to protect my front end from the rocks thrown up on the freeway which California has not completed there fix and the semi trucks are great for kicking up rocks (my windshield is already cracked because of one)

Do it once, do it right.
          Missing My
          Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Working...
          X