No announcement yet.

Any health buffs here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do pull ups(or pull downs on a machine) using a military grip(widest grip) and keep your chest out and your shoulders back. Alternate sets of palms facing you and palms out if not doing military pull ups.

If you wanna lose that much weight fast you gotta do continuous cardio(120-160bpm) for 45 mins or more.

If you can get your fingers under the edge of your shoulder blades your shoulders are too far forward, its bad posture, and can often lead to dislocated shoulders when you have a bad fall. I know because I've had mine repaired and been through physical rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
      Do pull ups(or pull downs on a machine) using a military grip(widest grip) and keep your chest out and your shoulders back. Alternate sets of palms facing you and palms out if not doing military pull ups.
      Lat pull downs

I wish my members ride thread got as much attention as this does.
      1991 Accord Ex - H22A - Omnipower Coilovers - Greddy SP2
      1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Originally posted by Leung
      Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

Well, i haven't updated this lately since i haven't been back to the gym since i came back from vacation.
        I have been doing some things before work with dumb bells, mainly shoulders and trap. Maybe Ill get ballsy and post a pic one of these days. Quite a difference compared to day 1 pics.
        1993 Civic Dx - D15B7 - T3/T04E - Ported head - Hole in block - May be going F swap

My Workout Log

Well, I poked the big one in the head with the shovel while shouting at it "hey, you can't sleep here".

Comment

Havent gotten back on the wagon 100% since vacation, but Im getting back into the swing of things and have started juicing. I watched the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead and it made me think a lot. So as well as cutting out a bunch of processed foods and just eating better in general im juicing as well.

My Workout Log

Comment

Im backkkkkk.

Fell off the wagon, hard, but found new drive to get back loosing weight. My wedding is in 10 months after all.

Started today and weighed in at 303. I will deffinetely be keeping this updated as i go.

My Workout Log

Comment

Originally posted by 91H22ACB7 View Post
              Im backkkkkk.

Fell off the wagon, hard, but found new drive to get back loosing weight. My wedding is in 10 months after all.

Started today and weighed in at 303. I will definitively be keeping this updated as i go.
              I recently went in on half with my mom on an elliptical machine, so far i've been using it more than she has. I'll power walk on it like for twenty to twenty five minutes before my ankle starts to bother me and i have to stop. My goal is to gradually build up my energy and maybe lose like 20 pounds.

Comment

keep at it, i can only goto the gym twice a week due to work constraints. (12 hour days, argh....)

im trying to get down from 158 to 145. dieting is hard because i like to eat and i dont eat junk food.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Iam finally going to buy a house this summer, and my house warming gift from my parents will likely be a full gym. A electipical and a all in one machine. I've had both and always ha a full gym at the house growing up. In high school I was 225 (Iam 6'5" tall) I was a gym rat. Ran 21 miles a week, at least 10 susides a day, weight traing every day off season, basketball practice for 3 hours a day, and when we weren't at school....me and the boys were playing ball. I would love to be in that shape again, but I don't see it happening. The only goal I've accomplished lately.....I wanted to dunk a basketball in a game again....after I turned 30. It too me 5 months of 3 times a week in the gym playing. And one day it happened....I posterized the starting high school center on a baseline drive. Hand to the face, windmill and all ( I do think the goals are 2" or so short of 10') but I didn't care.....this old white boy mad that little young buck know his place...I haven't played since

But now my weight never changes. Iam 270, little spare tire, but the rest is ok. And for not working out, I always get compliments on my calfs when I wear shorts. But I do work in a rim shop, and today noticed a pallet of wheels, the shipping weight was 390 lbs with tires, and thats wine of the lighter sets. I lifted those 4 times in about 30 mins, unpacking, mounting, balancing, then installing. So I guess that's how I stay the same with out watching what I eat. And that's one of the lighter sets. I got a set if 20x 14" rims with 40" mud tires to install in the morning, and I do everything at chest height

Comment

Dropped 10 lbs in 3 days.

My Workout Log

Comment

Originally posted by Soufkackicustom View Post
                      The only goal I've accomplished lately.....I wanted to dunk a basketball in a game again....after I turned 30. It too me 5 months of 3 times a week in the gym playing. And one day it happened....I posterized the starting high school center on a baseline drive. Hand to the face, windmill and all ( I do think the goals are 2" or so short of 10') but I didn't care.....this old white boy mad that little young buck know his place...I haven't played since.
                      I lol'd wouldve loved to see this.

My Workout Log

Comment

I just joined a gym yesterday. Haven't gone yet. Was going to today. May or may not... we shall see. 24/7, so that's cool

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

I just joined a gym yesterday. Haven't gone yet. Was going to today. May or may not... we shall see. 24/7, so that's cool
                          you should bring your "goop" with you when you go
                          visit vgruk

Comment

Health goop!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Health goop!
                              im supprized you still remember that. that thread was so long ago!

ive been meaning to hit the gym i just havent have the time and im just to lazy. i want to find one with a pool. if i have to do cardio that is where i like to do it. so far only golds gym has them and the are expensive as hell!
                              visit vgruk

Comment

Pools are the best. I had a friend in junior high that was a swimmer... dude was absolutely ripped by the age of 14, and he didn't do any lifting or anything. It's a shame I can't swim!

I remember that goop every time I want to use my BBQ grill, and I remember that I can't because I used up all the propane baking that goop!

I think I'm about to hit the gym now. Got my sweatpants on and everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X