Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB9 Spoiler/wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB9 Spoiler/wings

Ok i have done some searching on here for about an hour or so now. Im looking to see if some one can give me some more knowledge on what spoilers/wings would possibly be able to be retro fit on to a CB9 wagon. Possibly pictures or good links. Im not looking to spend $300 more like $30 at a junk yard and some labor

So far all i could find was people saying they have used Ef wings and a 90s diamante wagon wing but not many good pictures. Would like a little more insight. Also seen one wagon with a mid wing from a old 90s prelude. I have been junk yard scavenging and would like to retro fit a wing and possibly a mid wing.

If anyone has any advice please give.

Hopefully this is the right section to post

Thank You

Couple threads covering this question now, you named all the known ones to "work" there was one made by Value Sport i think and thats about it that i know of.

8 Accords so far:
    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

Yea i read all thread i could find on here. There really isn't any real good info or detailed pictures. The pictures aren't taking at the best angles. I was hoping there may be a thread that i may have missed with better info or for someone who is a wagon genius to chime in.

Thanks

I did find a 87 legend coupe flush mount spoiler today that i think i may use as a mid wing.

Also scooped up 86 prelude flush mount i may also consider as a mid wing. I just feel if im going to retro fit a mid wing i definitely need a wing. Just looking for someone who has had good success with retrofitting a wing that didnt look out of place when they were finished. If that makes since.

Comment

I've asked the same question lol I have a EF spoiler that a friend gave me, but I haven't gotten around to messing with it yet.
        '93 LX Wagon (On the back burner)
        '92 EX Wagon (Traded)
        '93 EX Wagon (Current DD)

Comment

Originally posted by turboHLS30 View Post
          I've asked the same question lol I have a EF spoiler that a friend gave me, but I haven't gotten around to messing with it yet.
          Thats mainly what ive read. is ef or mitsubishi wagon spoiler. Just havent seen many real good pictures or and documentation on what had to be done

Comment

I put the EF spoiler on my wagon. Had to trim a little off the edges and bend them slightly to get the lines decent. Also pulled out the rear washer squirter, and ended up running the wires from the stock 3rd brake light out through that to hook up the one on the spoiler. All it requires is measuring and drilling. Hardest part is getting your angles right because you're drilling through 3 layers of metal. My only advise would be to fit, drill and trim first, then paint it. That way you don't have bare metal and cut lines and other assorted ugliness showing.

Not the best install job, but I had no idea what I was doing. lol Good luck with yours.

Originally posted by HardInThePaint
            Girls should most definitely rep the shocker. Embrace the shocker.

Be one with the shocker.

My ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187897

Comment

I just picked up a ek spoiler for my cb9. I was test fitting it and other than the usual trimming, how did you bolt it down with the short studs that the wing has?

Comment

Chargespeed was the only wing I liked on cb9
                <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

My black wagon with the EF wing molded in:

and my buddy Diego, selling me his chargespeed, dry fitment on my red wagon, still needs to be installed:
                  MadLab Racing
                  Southern Maryland

Comment

Cocrofth7 should be banned for spreading crapola!… for the 2nd time.
                    4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

There are few wings that look like they belong on the CB9.

Mine currently has no wing, but I wouldn't mind installing one that looked decent.

Comment

I tried installing an EF wing on my CB9, but afte realizing how much fab work was needed I decided against it. It definetly requires a lot of cutting, drilling, patience and creativity.

Comment

Mugen or Chargespeed wings look good on a cb9. Lots of double sided 3m tape is key!

Comment

I have an MK3 Golf GTI spoiler on mine. Disregard all the dust, I went autocrossing and that was the aftermath lol
                            Last edited by turboHLS30; 05-12-2014, 12:37 AM.
                            '93 LX Wagon (On the back burner)
                            '92 EX Wagon (Traded)
                            '93 EX Wagon (Current DD)

Comment

That looks awesome. How much modification was required to fit? It looks like it fits a lot easier than the EF wing.

lol, Mk3 wing on a cb9 and I had a Mk2 Jetta wing on a CB7.

Comment

Working...
                              X