deevergote : 2009 Honda Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I thought about that myself! Get an oversized dish glove, and put it on over some winter gloves... waterproof up to the elbow, and nice and toasty!

The Fit is trashed, though. Cracked windshield, front bumper is hanging off (and cracked, I just saw last night), headlight is pointing down (bent metal...), scuff in the rear from when the lady hit me last monday, I'm in the process of trashing my third set of wheels, my suspension is blown (definitely the front passenger side... I slam on the brakes and it pulls that way!). Interior is filthy. Shift boot is ripped. Steering wheel is worn rough at about 10:00 (clock reference in terms of wear location.) Clutch will start slipping anyday, I'm sure. Spark plugs are original (I can't get to those suckers to change em!) Transmission is starting to get rough... needs a fluid change. Window washer fluid reservoir is busted (SUCKS not being able to wash my windshield with road salt all over it!), AC quit over a year ago...

I just changed my first lightbulb last night, though.
    Ya man warm hands are the shit when washing your car in 20* weather lol.

Damn well on second take, it does sound rough but def nothing that can't be fixed.

Shit i think we need to have a Fix a Fit meet in the spring lol!!!

Comment

176,871 as it sits in front of my house right now.
      Holy cow! And I thought I drove a lot. I'm about to hit the 60k mile mark.
      Raceline USA

Comment

Deev you are almost going to have more miles on that than my Accord!!

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

You have more miles on the fit than I have on my CB7...and my CB is wrecked too. You need to move closer to your region man.
          There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I thought about that myself! Get an oversized dish glove, and put it on over some winter gloves... waterproof up to the elbow, and nice and toasty!

The Fit is trashed, though. Cracked windshield, front bumper is hanging off (and cracked, I just saw last night), headlight is pointing down (bent metal...), scuff in the rear from when the lady hit me last monday, I'm in the process of trashing my third set of wheels, my suspension is blown (definitely the front passenger side... I slam on the brakes and it pulls that way!). Interior is filthy. Shift boot is ripped. Steering wheel is worn rough at about 10:00 (clock reference in terms of wear location.) Clutch will start slipping anyday, I'm sure. Spark plugs are original (I can't get to those suckers to change em!) Transmission is starting to get rough... needs a fluid change. Window washer fluid reservoir is busted (SUCKS not being able to wash my windshield with road salt all over it!), AC quit over a year ago...

I just changed my first lightbulb last night, though.
            Wasn't the windshield cracked last year when I saw you?

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz View Post
              Wasn't the windshield cracked last year when I saw you?
              I think it is still cracked.

Comment

Yep. Still cracked. Same crack. Only got me 1 ticket in 2 years, though!

It now has a new battle scar on the driver's side rear bumper, where some dumbass old lady plowed into me. No metal damage, just a scuff on the bumper... so I'll live. Hopefully the dumb woman doesn't call my insurance company and make my rates go up. I'll willing to forget about it if she is... and she was at fault!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                  Although i dont blame anyone for not cleaning their car right now, i did it a few weeks ago and my fucking hands almost fell off...damn that water is cold.

I told Jenna, i want to get those bright ass yellow glove that females use for dish washing....??

Yea those...to wash the car with so my hands don't freeze
                  Here is what you need:

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/products/30542.aspx

those will keep you warm and dry!

Mike, that's a lot of miles! My Uncle has an 08 (or 07?) fit sport doing courier work and he's only at like 130k!
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Yeah, I drive a ton! Like 300 miles a day.

That's NJ. I work in all the orange counties. I live in Gloucester County. When I'm busy, I'm driving up there 5-7 days a week. My job is driving from house to house, so I don't commute to a single point and stay there. I'm actually driving around all day. I don't turn the car off from 6am to 8pm sometimes.
                    That says a lot for how well this car is made, honestly! I killed my GTP with 50,000 miles worth of this work (it had 50k when I bought it... so it died at 100k.) The Fit has been doing this work since it had 30 miles on it.

Comment

Post up some pictures of the damage

Comment

Deev, I heard something about 09 Fits being recalled for something in the engine... Get it checked out, right MEOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                          Post up some pictures of the damage

Originally posted by CustomLowz View Post
                          Deev, I heard something about 09 Fits being recalled for something in the engine... Get it checked out, right MEOW!
                          I've heard it was the 1st (07-08) gen only, and now I'm told 08-09... which makes NO sense, because they are very different cars. Not much is shared between the two (which is very unfortunate, since uslspct has lots of parts left over from his 07 that I can't use!)
                          With the miles on my engine, I don't think whatever is killing Fits is going to kill mine! I'm quite sure that I have more miles on mine than any other 2nd gen in the US, if not the world!
                          It might fail on me if I don't change those spark plugs, though...

Comment

yeah, my mistake. it really IS for the 2nd gen.....
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Ah yeah, lost motion spring recall... I see that now. 09-10. Says symptoms could be a noisy engine... mine is noisy. Yet I entered my VIN on the Honda recall site, and it said that I have no recalls for my car... with a link above it saying "click here for info on the 09-10 Fit recall"

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
                                Here is what you need:

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/products/30542.aspx

those will keep you warm and dry!

Mike, that's a lot of miles! My Uncle has an 08 (or 07?) fit sport doing courier work and he's only at like 130k!
                                Na man those are too short.

These are what i need, so you can dip your hands in the water and not worry about any getting in the glove!

Comment

Working...
                                X