Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Know How to Remove the Rear Spray Nozzle on a Wagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Know How to Remove the Rear Spray Nozzle on a Wagon?

I found the high mount brake light on my wagon dripping water yesterday. Traced it to what appears to be a leak past the seal on the spray nozzle at the top of the hatch. It is a little loose like the gasket has taken a set. Does anyone know how to remove it? I'd like to try to increase the compression on the gasket somehow or seal it to the hatch. Honda doesn't sell the gasket separately, it comes with the nozzle. Majestic shows only a gray one available. I guess I could just paint it if I can't figure out how to get mine out (and break it in the process).
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

It should just be a snap in nozzle, it's been a while since I removed my hatch but I think it had a gasket around it that you removed and then had plastic tabs underneath that to the push out the nozzle. Obviously disconnect the line first.

I made a diy on removing the hatch a while ago which may possibly help you.

Link here.
    sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Originally posted by lbus9168 View Post
      It should just be a snap in nozzle, it's been a while since I removed my hatch but I think it had a gasket around it that you removed and then had plastic tabs underneath that to the push out the nozzle. Obviously disconnect the line first.

I made a diy on removing the hatch a while ago which may possibly help you.

Link here.
      Thanks, I was able to look in the slot on the underside to see that it has barbs/tabs sort of similar to the front nozzles - one of them is broken off which accounts for it being loose on the hatch. I thought the gasket was between the nozzle and the hatch, but it just fits around the perimeter. I was unable to get the second bard to release (I was afraid of breaking it) - I'll try again tomorrow with more light and maybe some heat to soften it up some. That will maybe allow me to do a better job of using adhesive or a thin gasket of double sided tape to seal it.

Jan. 6, 2019: I decided to do it correctly; Honda still has nozzles available, as long as you want Phantom Gray. Ordered one so I won't have to worry about breaking the other tab when removing the existing one.

Jan. 15, 2019: New nozzle arrived yesterday; I also bought a new lower grommet because I wasn't sure how the nozzle mated with the grommet. Old nozzle came out by simply rotating it up and forward. The old grommet tore some trying to get it out; new one went in relatively easily with a little WD40 on it. New nozzle easily snapped into place.

20190114_193019 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr 20190114_193048 by Paul Kemme, on Flickr
      Last edited by Fleetw00d; 01-15-2019, 11:24 PM.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
      X