Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

is the trunk a good place to put my subwoofer?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you have a box for it?

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
    Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
    Originally posted by bmxicansd
    so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

be different, put it under the hood!

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz View Post
        be different, put it under the hood!
        LOL. Do that and port it into the car through an ac vent.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
          LOL. Do that and port it into the car through an ac vent.
          lmao. put it were ur grille is cut ur bumper to make it flush or under ur gas tank. i would suggest the gas tank make sure u line everything up so when u screw the sub in there it wont fall out. good luck bro

Comment

On a serious note lol.......you could look into getting rid of your glovebox and replacing it with a box that would house your sub. You could also maybe make a wall right behind your back seat and port it through where the arm rest folds down. Once covered in carpet nobody would be the wiser at a glance that you actually had a sub in there. I'm not sure on a cb7 but in my Probe the sides of the car were deep enough on each side of the back seat that you could put a ten inch sub on each side with some cutting and custom work where the rear speakers would normally go.
            Last edited by Brandoncb7; 12-22-2009, 07:22 AM.

Comment

On a serious note lol.......you could look into getting rid of your glovebox and replacing it with a box that would house your sub. You could also maybe make a wall right behind your back seat and port it through where the arm rest folds down. Once covered in carpet nobody would be the wiser at a glance that you actually had a sub in there. I'm not sure on a cb7 but in my Probe the sides of the car were deep enough on each side of the back seat that you could put a ten inch sub on each sub with some cutting and custom work where the rear speakers would normally go.
              The glove box would be so inconspicuous and creative. It would work if you didn't need a blower motor.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I would hang it from the rear view mirror.

JK man, the trunk woud be best.
                R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

It's one 10? Put the rear seats down if you don't use them often, and face the sub and enclosure outward into the cabin of the car. That's what a buddy of mine did with his one 8", worked alright. Didn't move a lot of air around in the trunk obviously, but sounded ok for rock and alternative stuff...when I saw this thread I was like "seriously?!" Dude, put it wherever you feel like just don't get it stolen!

life is good.

Comment

I wouldn't put it behind your seat in the cabin area. Some idiot will break your window to steal it and that window will cost more to replace than the sub/box/amp retail for

The trunk is generally the accepted place to mount sub(s) and amp(s).

-mak

Bought From: MadSpleen85, jimy, CB7_ACCORD (kouzie), Chrisfrom1986
                    Sold To: vinbon63, chessboxer, darkfusion42, LowNknoxville, bowzil, 1993hAccord, mcdizzle, 93accordfreak, lilb_1979, rocketman_471, Bad_dude
                    Traded With: cb95spd, chessboxer, sohc em
                    [ Completed | Pending ]

Comment

Originally posted by F22ricerX View Post
                      my uncle recently gave me a Visonik Silver series subwoofer and matching amp...its not that powerful...its good for rock music...where can i put it instead of the trunk?...ive tried the behind the passenger seat and driver seat, but the vibrations give me a pain...should i keep it in the trunk?
                      def tha trunk

Comment

On a serious note lol.......you could look into getting rid of your glovebox and replacing it with a box that would house your sub. You could also maybe make a wall right behind your back seat and port it through where the arm rest folds down. Once covered in carpet nobody would be the wiser at a glance that you actually had a sub in there. I'm not sure on a cb7 but in my Probe the sides of the car were deep enough on each side of the back seat that you could put a ten inch sub on each side with some cutting and custom work where the rear speakers would normally go.
                        That would probably vibrate the console too much and it might make the CD skip if you got a booboo CD player

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                        And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                        Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
                          That would probably vibrate the console too much and it might make the CD skip if you got a booboo CD player
                          Yeah I was thinking about it later and was wondering what all would start vibrating like crazy inside the dash lol. Personally I would go with in the trunk or on the sides of the rear seat.

Comment

not to mention the glove box itself vibrating

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                            And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                            Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Well the part that flips down for the glove box would be removed but like Sonikaccord said, you'd have to take out the blower motor. That's why I was saying beside the back seat or or have the port/vent for the box come through the arm rest in the back. It's one ten. Throw it in the trunk and be done with it lol.

Comment

Just put it in the trunk. Or sell it and get some other goodies!
                                R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Working...
                                X