Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil in spark plug hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil in spark plug hole

I was goin to check my plugs and when I pulled the boot to the wire it was drenched in oil, as well as 2 others. One was ok. Can anyone help me with this, thanks

It's either your upper or lower tube seals that need replacing.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

So is that my valve cover gasket? How do I check which one it is and what is it called that I'll need to order? Thanks for the reply

Comment

Your upper seals should come with the valve cover gasket set, but the lowers will not an the lowers are underneath the rocker assembly.

02 Crv
        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.

Comment

Ok now what and where is the rocker. Im new to all this, also had hard is it, thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by jaemil369 View Post
            Ok now what and where is the rocker. Im new to all this, also had hard is it, thanks again
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYU8q...layer_embedded

Here ya go, this guy knows his shit, listen to him and follow him to the T!
            Originally posted by Mishakol129
            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Little research goes a long ways, heres a thread that should help you DIY step by step.It's actually quite simple....
              http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.p...ght=tube+seals

02 Crv

Comment

Thanks I appreciate it, great info

Comment

Thanks I appreciate it, great info
                  Np
                  Originally posted by Mishakol129
                  Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

You gotta do the valve covet gasket and seals right I had to do mines again after doin it once because they still had oil in them and I took my time on this last time and no oil in the spark plugs it's been like 2 months and still nothing.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
                    My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, but can someone tell me how to distinguish between the upper and lower seals which is bad? How do I check this? Do i have to remove everything and just get to the lower seal to know or is there a way to check whIch is bad before doing that?
                      Last edited by jaemil369; 09-21-2011, 05:48 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

If your uppers are bad more than likely the bottoms are bad. Because the fact the uppers are old nobody probably bother to replaces the lowers so they have gotten brittle and craked.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

I did my top ones and it was fine I didn't even touch the bottom ones you gotta do stuff right place the upper tube seals correctly and not squeeze them in there.

92 Accord Cb7 ^^
                          My Ride Thread~~Click Below.
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176232

Comment

The cheap ass felpro kit comes with all of them. Grab that and replace them all. Adjust the valves when your done.

Comment

its not that hard to do i would also adjust the valves why your in there

Comment

Working...
                              X