Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New guy from New zealand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow! I havent checked this thread in a very long time!

Car still looks amazing! what is the factory paint code and name?

The progress you are going with is great! I only wish you went with skunk2 pro 2 cams.

Comment

Thanks guys

Nh570m is the original code "quicksilver" which was used up until about 10 years ago, which then changed to Nh700m which is "alabaster silver". They are the same colour though.

Comment

I just discovered a broken ring-land on the H22A I'm rebuilding.

In your case it didn't do any damage to the original block?

Comment

Nope no damage at all, I was very lucky the broken piece stayed as part of the piston

Comment

Where did you get all the windshield clips? I thought they were discontinued?
            My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
            Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
            Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

I work at honda, They were all available. If your dealer says they arent - They're being lazy

Comment

I was able to get mine through clipsandfasteners.com and pieced the rest together through eBay.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Tonight I replaced the shifter seal, and ordered a couple new crush washers for the shifter detent bolts on the trans to fix a couple of small oil leaks.

IMG_20180123_125647 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

And also finished off the catch can / airbox All thats left is to drill a few holes, Cut a few threads and install it in the car.

IMG_20180124_191640_1 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Comment

That catch can is a work of art!
                    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

That does look very impressive. Excellent work!
                      http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Thanks

Had a chance to test fit it into the car today.

IMG_20180125_163947 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

IMG_20180125_164314 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

IMG_20180125_164324 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Comment

So I had a chance to clean up the gearbox after replacing the shifter seal, I also replaced the shift detent crush washers, Cleaned the clutch fork, regreased everything and installed a new genuine release bearing.

IMG_20180126_122543 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

IMG_20180126_122806 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

I shot over to my machinists as they sent me a message saying the motor was ready

IMG_20180201_142042 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Supertech springs, titanium retainers, ferrea flat face valves and keepers, supertech valve guides

IMG_20180201_142100 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Kaizenspeed balance shaft eliminator kit (with honda front balance shaft seal retainer bracket to stop bung from popping out), and Kaizenspeed manual tensioner

IMG_20180201_151457 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

IMG_20180201_151523 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

And the last piece of the puzzle so I can drop the motor back in the hole.

IMG_20180202_152749 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Hoping to have the flywheel/clutch back on and have it back in the car over the weekend. Should have it started in the next couple of weeks. Dyno is booked for 3rd of march. Exciting times ahead

Comment

I love the updates! The catch can is very nice! very big so maybe it will contribute for a bigger build next year or so haha.

Is the bungs on the valve cover -10 AN fittings?

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                              I love the updates! The catch can is very nice! very big so maybe it will contribute for a bigger build next year or so haha.

Is the bungs on the valve cover -10 AN fittings?

Thanks Yes the fittings are -10 size.

Got stuck in over saturday and got the gearbox back on after installing the flywheel and clutch. A workmate came down to work and helped me out to reinstall the motor into the car.

IMG_20180203_141156 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

After that, Reinstalled everything else; Radiator, intake, airbox, auxillary stuff like AC pump, alternator and p/s, belts, shifter, axles etc.

IMG_20180203_182603 by Craig Kelly, on Flickr

Went back to work today finished off a few little bits and pieces, Put some new trans fluid in it, filled the engine with oil and started it up Car is still running the same tune as the previous build so not driving it, Only used to get the car to operating temp, and to drive it onto the trailer to get it to the dyno. Because of this the car wont idle, but that will get sorted. Motor sounds good though!

Just have the breather fittings for the valve cover to sort and its off to the dyno!

Comment

Working...
                              X