Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

newbie EGR cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always makes me nervous too, thats why I did it with the manifold off the first time. Last time I just did it with it on though and it was fine, but I did have experience and I was careful.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

I have just done the same thing with my EGR valve, it does work WONDERS! BTW, all you guys/gals using a flexible ratchet attachment to your socket (12mm) and STILL stripping your bolts; drop that action and get your self a 12mm crows foot open end socket. It fits right in without having your regular socket on only 3/4 on the nut and stripping it!!!

Later Days,

Freddy
      Last edited by Fred'sRide93; 10-16-2008, 08:57 PM.

Comment

another update to this...

Make SURE you reset your ECU

Mine ran fine after I did it, but this morning it was high idle'in like CRAZY. 1700rpms in neutral. It would usually idle at 1200rpm when first started and when put into gear, drop to an idle speed of 850-800rpms. I reset the ECO tonight, it idles at around 800rpm and seems to stay there, no surging at all.

Yes I've cleaned IACV and tightened FITV.
        90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
        DIY ram intake
        0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
        stock alt rewound to 120amps
        optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
        fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
        2004 Jeep Liberty v6
        2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

Yea do it with a seafoam bottle ........toothbrush the shit out of those port holes under the EGR with seafoam.........then just watch it smoke for a few seconds.........

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            i dislike egr port servicing because the debris from the cleaning and drilling might get inside the motor which is no bueno.
            Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
            ^exactly
            Uhmmmm.....you don't have to drill the fitting off just enough to get a good grip for the screw on the slidehammer.......

Comment

Originally posted by radiuslight View Post
              Uhmmmm.....you don't have to drill the fitting off just enough to get a good grip for the screw on the slidehammer.......
              then what do you do?
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

I tried to do it without drilling all the way through. I found the screw would not get enough grip so I had to drill all the way through

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                where you been, is something wrong?
                i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

if you have a 90 accord though you can't slide hammer them out... you have to drill them out. I am thinking about doing that then taping them and just putting in a screw to block them off.

I am going to try a long stiff wire and a vacuum tomorrow into the egr port from the valve end.
                  AD5OS
                  FOLDING@home

Comment

Originally posted by AD5OS View Post
                    if you have a 90 accord though you can't slide hammer them out... you have to drill them out. I am thinking about doing that then taping them and just putting in a screw to block them off.

I am going to try a long stiff wire and a vacuum tomorrow into the egr port from the valve end.
                    all F22a series are the same, just drill a small hole and use the screw attachment for the slide hammer. i have a 90 accord meng.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                      here's what mine looked like before i cleaned it.

and here's after.

it did drop my nox a bit. later.
                      what part of the engine is this.what is that part called.i already cleaned
                      IAC Valve.
                      Last edited by zacatecas; 01-07-2009, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zacatecas View Post
                        what Part Of The Engine Is This.what Is That Part Called.i Already Cleaned
                        Iac Valve.
                        E-g-r
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                        X