Brake Squek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Squek

I just changed my brake pads and when i brake they still squek but there brand new pads..what could it be?

Platano Head Man?!
    My Ride Peeps
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=118338

Did you get the rotors resurfaced? Sometimes When you slap new pads on they drag and need something to make them stick to the caliper..........

Comment

Ideally you should resurface your rotors if thickness is still within tolerance or replace rotors if they are out of tolerance. Then you should "bed" your new pads on the rotors after putting them in...
      Sig removed due to excessive size

Comment

Originally posted by radiuslight View Post
        Did you get the rotors resurfaced? Sometimes When you slap new pads on they drag and need something to make them stick to the caliper..........
        resurfaced meaning?

Platano Head Man?!
        My Ride Peeps
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=118338

Comment

Originally posted by unplatano1 View Post
          resurfaced meaning?
          machined on a lathe. They cut off the excess material to reveal a "fresh" layer for the pad to sit on.

But try some of this CRC Brake quiet, its this red stuff that is kinda rubbery when dry, so it dampens the squealing.

member's ride thread
          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
          91 Accord SE 176k
          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            machined on a lathe. They cut off the excess material to reveal a "fresh" layer for the pad to sit on.

But try some of this CRC Brake quiet, its this red stuff that is kinda rubbery when dry, so it dampens the squealing.
            x2 Listen to this person!!

Comment

Working...
            X