Not happy with purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not happy with purchase

So i purchased a Steering wheel from a 89 Prelude thru an online vendor, he was asking a price and i made him an offer, which he accepted. Today the wheel comes in and as i pulled it out of the box i realized that he removed the center cover which is the horn, and did not include it in the box. I just sent him an email politely asking if this is a normal practice as i know that only SRS bags are removed to be sold separately, wheel is nice shape for the year just dirty as hell but i will hold off wiping it down until this is resolved in some type of way. His post did not specify that the center cover was sold separate so we will see what happens from here
    Last edited by Crankshaft; 02-20-2017, 05:40 PM.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Did the sale posting include a photo of the wheel with the center cover installed? Leaving it out should definitely have been on him to make note of.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      Did the sale posting include a photo of the wheel with the center cover installed? Leaving it out should definitely have been on him to make note of.
      The picture he had was of it installed on the car, but i read the post over and over then and again today and nowhere does it state the piece to be sold separate or to not be included.

Comment

ebay?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Originally posted by Night Wolf View Post
          ebay?
          Yes it was thru eBay. Contacted seller and he is "trying to figure out what happened", i do know now that they are not all that knowledgeable since he claims the whole middle cover had to be removed in order to take the steering wheel off when in reality it's just the small insert to take the 19mm nut off

Comment

it sounds like the seller is selling the "steering wheel" which TECHNICALLY does not need to include any of the accessories... like airbag... cruise control buttons... emblems... like, technically he sent you the steering wheel. It sounds like he included a very misleading picture (the wheel still installed) - which could have let you assume that other things within the picture are also included in the purchase. This is why official marketing pictures usually include the fine print, "airbag and other dashboard accessories not included" and crap. I wonder what ebay's policy regarding misleading images is.

If the seller was smart, he would just accept a return, and re-sell the item again with a more accurate description this time. Perhaps pushing ebay support could get them to encourage the seller to do this for you. Did the original listing say "no returns" ?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Seller contacted me at 1:05pm and told me that he is sending me the part that was missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                Seller contacted me at 1:05pm and told me that he is sending me the part that was missing.
                good for you! sounds like a misunderstanding rather than an intentional scam.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I'd say that if the item pictured featured the center cover (with or without airbag), then it is a reasonable expectation that it would be included with the wheel. It's like selling a set of wheels with centercaps pictured, not specifying that the centercaps are not included, and sending the wheels sans caps. If you disputed it, I'd imagine eBay would rule in your favor. I would take a screenshot of the listing before it gets altered or removed, though... just to have a record of it.
                  In the worst case, you could probably find the center cover fairly cheap if you look around a bit. Might even be able to dig one up at a junkyard, or car-part.com.

Comment

Excellent!

I wish the dude that just sold me a Nest Protect (smoke/CO alarm) would do the same. It's missing two necessary proprietary screws, and I can't use it without them. He's blowing me off, and Nest just sent me the wrong parts (they were so eager to help that they didn't bother to understand what it was that I was asking for.)

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                      good for you! sounds like a misunderstanding rather than an intentional scam.
                      Rather than an actual scam i was taking it more as failure to describe the actual part being sold. since 06 i have never had to deal with problems(thank god) other than UPS delivering my 1k intake system for the old camaro to two(yes 2) wrong addresses. I am always good at being thorough on the questions i ask before buying to eliminate misunderstandings but stuff like this happens sometimes.

Deeve
                      The listing was already removed but i have the screen shot from the day i purchased it already

Comment

Deeve
                        The listing was already removed but i have the screen shot from the day i purchased it already
                        Good thinking. I never think to do that myself, and I really should. I'm naively trusting of people. I wouldn't screw someone, so I just expect others to do the same.

Comment

[QUOTE=deevergote;3266414]Good thinking. I never think to do that myself, and I really should. I'm naively trusting of people. I wouldn't screw someone, so I just expect others to do the same.[/Q

I do so to cover my butt in case of any misunderstanding on either end.

Comment

Yeah that's what happens when you buy off the internet. Some people aren't as descriptive in their selling-points. Did you bother to let that individual know that it is in-fact not the right product which you intended to buy, and can you get your money back?

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                              Yeah that's what happens when you buy off the internet. Some people aren't as descriptive in their selling-points. Did you bother to let that individual know that it is in-fact not the right product which you intended to buy, and can you get your money back?
                              He is sending me the part that was missing, in an interesting turn though i found the same piece locally and after buying it i realized its actually different

Comment

Working...
                              X