Future Jobs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Future Jobs???

Im only a sophmore in high scool but I really need to know were to take my career....

I love cars and working on computers...
    I thought of going to UTI but I have 2 friends who graduated from there...one is working at an automotive shop making only $12 an hour and the other is wotking at Home Depot making about $12 also, so im not sure if thats the rute I want to take...

I know money isnt everything but you need it to live...I need a career that will pay good...pay reall good...I really want to be making any were over $100,000 a year...If I was making that Id be happy but Im not sure what career would lead me that way...

Im really good at working with computers and already have experience, a family friend has his own shop and was talking to me about working there if I could get some hours in.He pays all of his imployes a $20 flat rate every hour...And his shop is in El Paso,TX...for all who know its not a very big city...

I thought if maybe I went to a bigger city like Austin,Houston,or Dallas I could possibly make $60 or more an hour after going to college and getting a few microsoft certifications...but online on a few web sites it says all that computer technicians really make is about $23 max? Im not even sure what certifications id need to be a computer technician...

Can you guys who maybe work as computer technicians or other fields in computers tell me what you do and maybe post your yearly income or pm it to me...I really need to start my career and take some classes that will halp me get to were im going...

Sorry for any missspeld words but I had a long but good day and im tired as crap...thanks for all and anyones help...
    ...Derek...

a very good friend of mine is a network engineer for Getty Images. he was making close to $70k+/annually when he lived in NY. the main HQ in Seattle wanted him and just recently moved out west; not only was he offered a higher salary, but the cost of moving and transportation delivery of his Audi was all reimbursed. i'd say he's making close to $80k/annually if not more.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

get connected with people...i currently work for a machine shop because the person who hired me thought i would be a condidate to teach and trust. over the months, he gained my trust and told everyone. i get tons of small time work and i also do work on and off for clear design which does communications for businesses. my latest work was doing wiring and setting up televisions at the office of USA TOday.

then the next day i go back to the shop and work with more cylinder heads and motors. in two weeks, i will be pitting for our sprint car and hopefully being able to hot lap it a few times during our season.

if i ever lose my job at the machine shop, i can go work for Clear Design the next day which pays double and is more relaxed on every aspect. it is all about networking and following your heart.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Electromechanical Engineering is where its at.

It deals with integrating the principles of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering; the best part of this area is that it has a very large scope. You can work anywhere from the car industry to publishing.

My advise to you is: Choose your career early and keep your goals in sight.

Good luck.
        Last edited by lokuputha; 02-25-2008, 02:48 AM.
        DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
        X