CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 07-12-2019, 09:39 AM   #41
RabbittCB7
CB7tuner Member

RabbittCB7 is cool... so far.
I guess I'll just check the timing for the 500th time . . . Are H22's known to sometimes be hard to time, eg. off by half a tooth on the crank pulley?
RabbittCB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:01 AM   #42
RabbittCB7
CB7tuner Member

the timing is spot on, as it was before. I thought the Fuel Injector Resistor was bad, took it home, tested it a second time but its within spec . . . Which is odd because I swear it read 0 when I checked it earlier. So that's not it either. . .

WTF else could cause it to run like that? I'm getting so depressed.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:26 PM   #43
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Grumpys93 seems to have made some friends!
Where on the throttle body? I had mine hooked up to one of the nipples on the back side by the brake booster vacuum. It’s hard to say, I wish you could easily get another p13 just to test. You have timing, you have spark, fuel, and compression. There isn’t much left when it comes to getting the car running. I do notice in the video you have a lot of wires all over the place in the Ecu area as well as a lot of vacuum lines plugged with bolts. Did you do anything else to the car besides 5 spd conversion or the motor swap?
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93
Grumpys93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:16 PM   #44
RabbittCB7
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpys93 View Post
Where on the throttle body? I had mine hooked up to one of the nipples on the back side by the brake booster vacuum. It’s hard to say, I wish you could easily get another p13 just to test. You have timing, you have spark, fuel, and compression. There isn’t much left when it comes to getting the car running. I do notice in the video you have a lot of wires all over the place in the Ecu area as well as a lot of vacuum lines plugged with bolts. Did you do anything else to the car besides 5 spd conversion or the motor swap?
there is a lot of spare parts / extra wire on the floor of the front of the car cause all in the back is stuff I had to cram after I lost my garage lol the two connectors by the ECU for the TCM are unplugged, auto shifter still plugged in and set to the park position so I can get my key out / enable starter.

I got rid of that black box with the MAP and purge valve system for some reason along with the charcoal cannister, IAB is not hooked up and I plan on deleting the plate when its all running. Cruise control is also gone, so that left a few vac lines blank and I just had to loop them back to the IM so they don't leak, or put a bolt in it. EGR has a block-off plate, all the coolant sensors are plugged in to the right locations as well as IAT, TPS, IAC, VSS? So that just leaves the A/T connectors, like the two gray ones for shift solenoids and the one green one for idk what , but I jumpered the green one when I did the 5spd swap and that fixed my no spark years back with the F22.

I am pretty sure that just leaves VTEC and O2 wiring. A4 and D6 both go to the solenoid, still have code 21 never saw a code 22 yet. I un-did my O2 lengthening cause I got a code 43 (Fuel supply system) and thought maybe I added too much resistance with an non-engineered harness extension so I ended up peeling all the loom off the accord engine harness so I could get my O2 plug to just barely reach its new location, only to find that both connectors for my O2 sensor are male ends , so idk how im gonna plug it in.

I cant think of anything else, and I'm thinking about this car 24 / 7 . . . I've spent my last six months to a year staring dumbfoundedly at my engine compartment, and I'm still out there almost every day trying to get it to run normal. I appreciate you thinking through this with me, I hope I find a solution soon cause things went south with the county and it looks like my car has to be moved, preferably under its own terms . . . since I am out of time and its got nowhere to go , so I don't have very long to figure out why its not running. at this point I can close my eyes and picture every last detail of a CB7 and it just refuses to accept the fact that it's got an absolutely mint engine

Edit: I also deleted the FIV under the throttle body, to rule out it leaking vaccum and also attempting to make my bay look cleaner

Last edited by RabbittCB7; 07-14-2019 at 10:17 PM. Reason: addition
Old 07-14-2019, 10:21 PM   #45
RabbittCB7
CB7tuner Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpys93 View Post
Where on the throttle body? I had mine hooked up to one of the nipples on the back side
I hooked it up to the nipple on the throttle body, next to the throttle cable. Cause shouldn't it have no vaccum at idle, and vaccum under load to adjust the fuel mixture accordingly? I've tried it on just the back of the plenum too, it ran poorly either way
Old 07-14-2019, 10:35 PM   #46
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Have you tried moving the dizzy at all? Full forward or backwards to see if that makes a difference? What do you plugs look like? Is it smoking at all? Can you rev it past any RPM? So just to confirm you only have a code 21 and 43 right now? Have you reset the ecu?
FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
Old 07-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #47
RabbittCB7
CB7tuner Member

Ive tried turning the dizzy but it doesn't really clean up it just freaks out and runs worse, even with the CEL connector jumpered. I reset the ECU every time I try something different, and I frequently switch between the P13 to PT3 (With the fuse out so I don't fry the computers) to see if there are any differences, but both ECU's behave relatively the same although that code 21 is really suspicious cause its on instantly before the engine is even started.

The plugs used to come out wet, I did the injectors and blocked off EGR and now they come out dry but blackened after only a minute of running. When everything was hooked up the best I could get it to do is rev-snap to about 5 or 6k , without wanting to damage anything. Rev N Hold causes the car to backfire like nuts out the exhaust , even if I just try to keep it at 2krpm. Sometimes you hear a ping from the engine, possibly pre-detonating fuel and for a little while I was hearing a really loud tick which sounded like a sticky valve but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Valve adjustment has been done and done again all within spec .006 int and .007 ext , basically it doesn't even have the power to get into 2nd gear and in first it stumbles a LOT and shakes pretty violently. I haven't driven the car more than 10 feet with the H22 installed.

After resetting the ECU only 21 is there, but after running for a couple minutes it will throw a 43. I realized butt connectoring to an old pigtail to extend the O2 wires is probably giving the wrong signal to the ECU so I tore off all my engine harness loom by taking the harness back out of the engine bay, and I "freed up" as much O2 sensor wiring as I could, and I just barely got it to reach but now I'm faced with the issue of both ends of my O2 sensor wiring circuit (Harness end and sensor end) That are supposed to plug in to eachother are both male connectors I think, so I gotta figure out how to connect my O2 sensor to the harness now without adding any resistance to the circuit to eliminate the possibility of O2 throwing 43. If it persists I guess I have a clapped out fuel pump, or maybe one of those "Remanufactured" Injectors aren't cutting the dice. but it chucks lots of fuel when you drop the fuel line into a jerry can and turn the key, and the engine starts really easy with lots of compression and even on a low battery, it starts really quick and then runs nice for a second as it revs up and then a second later its idling at 1000 with a misfire, or seeking up to 2k.

When I put my hand over the intake port and choke the engine, I do not hear any vaccum leaks. Right now I have the whole harness out so when I get back out there, I gotta have O2 figured out first and put the harness back in, and then I can try to run it and see what happens

But idk if that's gonna fix anything. I doubt a brand new O2 sensor not plugged in / not wired right would cause a misfire like that. I might have to drop the tank and go after the fuel pump next
Old 07-15-2019, 04:53 PM   #48
blazercrx
CB7tuner Member

blazercrx is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbittCB7 View Post
... Rev N Hold causes the car to backfire like nuts out the exhaust , even if I just try to keep it at 2krpm. Sometimes you hear a ping from the engine, possibly pre-detonating fuel and for a little while I was hearing a really loud tick which sounded like a sticky valve but I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Valve adjustment has been done and done again all within spec .006 int and .007 ext , basically it doesn't even have the power to get into 2nd gear and in first it stumbles a LOT and shakes pretty violently. I haven't driven the car more than 10 feet with the H22 installed...
This sounds just like what I went thru when I found the #2 & #4 wires crossed for the injectors on my B16... when I found that, I couldn't believe that it even ran at all. Have you checked the injector wiring?

I know you're probably frustrated to the max but now is the time for patience, you're so close to the finish. When I get in a situation like this, I start tidying up all the "loose ends" that I didn't want to finish "until I knew it ran" That helps clear my head and keep moving forward.
My suggestion is to go thru the wiring and confirm proper location on both the ECU side and its termination point in the engine bay. I know it may seem like a waste of time but it could help you learn of the cause of your frustration.
blazercrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM   #49
RabbittCB7
CB7tuner Member

My injector wires seem to be set lengths like spark plug wires, so they only go on one way it seems but ill double check, I think the Code 43 that popped up after idling for two minutes is a hint, I'm gonna try a Denso or NTK sensor since the one I have was a cheap shit one off rockauto, and I'm gonna try to connect it without a hackjob extension wire. I'm also gonna try a FPR I grabbed at the junkyard yesterday as well as a starting air valve delete plate , I found these on a CB7 in the wrecker WITH AN H22A SWAP ! I couldn't believe it lol, it was a freshly painted engine like mine looked totally mint, no collisions on the vehicle so I had to wonder why it was in the wreckers. lol

Gonna try FPR, Starting air delete, and a fresh O2 sensor wired properly as well as a fuel pressure test.
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM   #50
RabbittCB7
CB7tuner Member

BTW Thanks Grumpsy and Blazer for the help so far, and thanks Deevergote ! Hopefully we'll have this figured out soon cause I'm just about out of time :L
Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM   #51
Grumpys93
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbittCB7 View Post
My injector wires seem to be set lengths like spark plug wires, so they only go on one way it seems but ill double check, I think the Code 43 that popped up after idling for two minutes is a hint, I'm gonna try a Denso or NTK sensor since the one I have was a cheap shit one off rockauto, and I'm gonna try to connect it without a hackjob extension wire. I'm also gonna try a FPR I grabbed at the junkyard yesterday as well as a starting air valve delete plate , I found these on a CB7 in the wrecker WITH AN H22A SWAP ! I couldn't believe it lol, it was a freshly painted engine like mine looked totally mint, no collisions on the vehicle so I had to wonder why it was in the wreckers. lol

Gonna try FPR, Starting air delete, and a fresh O2 sensor wired properly as well as a fuel pressure test.
Man I would have jumped all over that CB, Im shocked no1 has snagged it yet. As for the injectors, the colors that run to cylinders are:

Looking at the engine bay from the front:
Cylinder 4: Yellow Cylinder 3: Blue Cylinder 2: Red and Cylinder 1: Brown. Ive swapped them before so it can happen.

Your welcome for the help, I have been in your shoes before as well so I know how frustrating it can get.

Tags
cb7 , h22a1 , p13 , usdm , wiring

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: