Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Anyone With Experience With Bisi Regrind Cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone With Experience With Bisi Regrind Cams

Looking for any insight as to performance or probs with the Bisi regrinds. Thanks

make sure you get new valve spring or you'll end up with valve float......dont ask how i know

Comment

Lol I think I might have figured out what happened already lol I run a Bisi cam and springs on my D16. But its not a regrind, just wondered about the reliability/longevity of the regrind.

Comment

I used a bisi regrind dorm about 20 miles until a valve face snapped off and destroyed my engine. Everything from bisi held up fine though.

Comment

This is what can happen when you try bolting a higher lift cam and new springs on old tired valves. If you are looking at using a cam that requires the use of a new valve train, remember that valve train includes valves as well. becuase when a valve goes, it's not the fancy new valve train that suffers, it's the head, piston and possibly the cylinder!
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Oh it went beyond the head, piston, and cylinder... The block somehow managed to develope a crack about an inch and a half long inside the water jacket. If money and time permitted i would of gladly bought new valves but i had to get the car running and out of my brothers old garage. That's about all the more i got accomplished. Had to tow it the last 3 blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrodj View Post
              Looking for any insight as to performance or probs with the Bisi regrinds. Thanks
              Just to share a little information about Honda camshaft and Bisimoto regrinds. Factory Honda camshafts undergo a heat treat process that penetrates far beyond what is ground off during Bisimoto regrind services leaving the camshaft factory integrity and reliability with a good bump in power. Along with Bisimoto camshaft profiles it is recommend to invest on Bisimoto Pro springs to replace factory worn springs and gain the proper seat pressures to overcome valve float.

Originally posted by bigpoppa694lyfe View Post
              I used a bisi regrind dorm about 20 miles until a valve face snapped off and destroyed my engine. Everything from bisi held up fine though.
              I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you are in need of assistance with a Bisimoto performance valves, and other components don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. I will gladly help you get your project back on the road stronger and faster then ever!

Comment

Working...
              X