Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ebay Headers????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's nothing but the standard "ebay" header design. Nothing special. Even that picture, which should be their BEST representation, has some sloppy, blobby welds.

There are worse things than WeaponR, but I wouldn't put any of their garbage on my car.

The OP was asking about H22 headers. Although a 5th gen Lude header would not fit without extending the exhaust to meet it. They fall short.

Comment

now that I look closer you're right deev those welds dont look too fantastic...I suppose it really is just a shiny oem replacement in comparison to hytech and such lol...so much paper tho...

My 93 CB7

My 79 Continental

Comment

3hp vs 20hp... I'll pay $1000 for 20hp before I pay $300 for 3hp. $ per hp, the expensive ones win.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          3hp vs 20hp... I'll pay $1000 for 20hp before I pay $300 for 3hp. $ per hp, the expensive ones win.

agreed... still, $1000=lotta bread in my world. I needs better monetary acquisition

My 93 CB7

My 79 Continental

Comment

That's the truth.

The sad thing is, people say expensive parts are too much money... so they buy crap. Crap parts give crap performance, and they end up abandoning the platform.

3 GOOD expensive parts from Bisimoto, plus a chipped ECU with a street tune (which, if you study hard, you can do yourself) will make your CB7 competitive with just about any other NA 4 cylinder on the road. You can easily spend that much money on garbage parts that will give you 20hp at best.

Comment

agree more money more hp more hp = better

Comment

Hmmm after hearing all of the comments, I guess I will just keep the OEM header, BUT how do I fix the leak? Should I buy a insulated flange and unbolt then bolt it back up to see if it makes a difference? I'm mainly considered about the leak. If when I'm driving or revving more of the sound comes from the flex pipe then it does from the tail. I'm going to go check out the STICKIES about increasing performance with just the little things. But deevergote, thank you for your explanations, helps me as a learner, to not spend money on crap I don't really get any gains from, just losses from my wallet.

Header =

Cats = undecided (maybe "REAL" high flow cats

catback exhaust = possibly spend it on getting the Apexi WS2 then that's where the money for the header will go!

Thank you everyone! (accordingly811, royalaccord92, ExplodingCake, Deevergote. Tippey764, GsPaDeZ, Hann1ba1, 91dxaccordcb7)

new $10 purple/yellow tint fog lights

H22a Sleeper:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=124470

Comment

You don't need a "high flow" cat. Just regular OEM replacement will do just fine.

Comment

Headers really make no difference in power.
                    The money spent on replacing this part is wasted unless a repair is needed.
                    This is the one and few times i will be a supporter and say get the ebay header.

The welds dont look great but im sure your not a ceritfied welder so you probably wont be able to tell the difference anyway as most people cant.

It is not going to crack on you unless you buy like the absolt. cheapest header.
                    I have seen tons of these ebay headers and installed them. They just have a bad rep.

If your looking for power then do a real power adder . bolt ons are a waste of money

AS far as carb cert....who cares unless your in cali, as long as you have a converter and muffler 90% of the time you will pass emissions. Also assuming your car doesnt burn massive amounts of oil

Comment

You don't need a "high flow" cat. Just regular OEM replacement will do just fine.
                      Okay, but what do I do about the leak? I want it to be a straight through flow that's why.

Originally posted by HrMotorSports View Post
                      The money spent on replacing this part is wasted unless a repair is needed.
                      This is the one and few times i will be a supporter and say get the ebay header.

The welds dont look great but im sure your not a ceritfied welder so you probably wont be able to tell the difference anyway as most people cant.

It is not going to crack on you unless you buy like the absolt. cheapest header.
                      I have seen tons of these ebay headers and installed them. They just have a bad rep.

If your looking for power then do a real power adder . bolt ons are a waste of money

AS far as carb cert....who cares unless your in cali, as long as you have a converter and muffler 90% of the time you will pass emissions. Also assuming your car doesnt burn massive amounts of oil
                      Yeah my dad is the mastermind behind all the welding, smog, retired 15 years experience mechanic. But he's always at work, so I have a lot of time with the car. Yeah I mean I see A LOT of cars with the ebay header, none of them have a problem, and yeah, I guess it IS just the bad rep. So say that I DO happen to get an ebay header, just as you said, as long as you have a converter and a muffler, I should be fine?

on a second note, YES, I do live in Cali, and they're strict with the modifications here...which SUCKS, but w/e.

JUST A QUICK QUESTION:
                      I have a cone air filter on my stock H22a intake & lets say I do get a shiny polished or ceramic header, do I need to replace the cone air filter with the stock airbox & also replace the header too, for when I take it to smog inspection? [I go to a close friend of my dad's, he knows wsup, but doesn't really care]

H22a Sleeper:

Comment

Originally posted by HrMotorSports View Post
                        l

Ummm...not true at all. There's been MILLIONS of tests and R&D done to prove that a header will yield very decent gains! Especially if it is a quality part, such as a BISI header.
                        1993 Accord LX *Under construction*
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=162083 <---MRT

Comment

Originally posted by Darren93 View Post
                          Ummm...not true at all. There's been MILLIONS of tests and R&D done to prove that a header will yield very decent gains! Especially if it is a quality part, such as a BISI header.
                          I still can't justify paying that much for a header, bisi or otherwise (especially since I've seen those crack to shit). Buy an ebay header, just go for one with the biggest looking primaries (tubing). It will be an improvement over stock parts, and wont leak anymore.

And if you have a friend who inspects/smogs your car, you should be okay as long as you pass a tailpipe test.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren93 View Post
                            I think he was saying that these cheap headers make no power. At least I would hope so... as a properly designed header will make LOTS of power.

Smog issues are one thing, having a cop pop your hood to check for legal parts is another. If you can avoid police, and pass smog, then your options are open.

As for the straight through design... our catalytic converters ARE a straight through design. They don't sap all that much power, and you NEED one to pass smog. Not to mention your car will sound and smell like shit without one.

The cone filter... if it's not K&N or AEM, I would replace it ASAP. Cheap filters work like cheap filters. Forget about performance increases...those cheap things are letting dirt and dust into your engine.
                            I would suggest upgrading to a cheap "ebay" short ram, and replacing the filter with one of those that I mentioned above. It'll cost under $100 when all is said and done, and it'll be a good quality intake.
                            OR, since intakes have to be CARB legal too... just pick up an AEM short ram with a CARB label on it.

Comment

I think he was saying that these cheap headers make no power. At least I would hope so... as a properly designed header will make LOTS of power.

Smog issues are one thing, having a cop pop your hood to check for legal parts is another. If you can avoid police, and pass smog, then your options are open.

As for the straight through design... our catalytic converters ARE a straight through design. They don't sap all that much power, and you NEED one to pass smog. Not to mention your car will sound and smell like shit without one.

The cone filter... if it's not K&N or AEM, I would replace it ASAP. Cheap filters work like cheap filters. Forget about performance increases...those cheap things are letting dirt and dust into your engine.
                              I would suggest upgrading to a cheap "ebay" short ram, and replacing the filter with one of those that I mentioned above. It'll cost under $100 when all is said and done, and it'll be a good quality intake.
                              OR, since intakes have to be CARB legal too... just pick up an AEM short ram with a CARB label on it.
                              AWESOME! k I should look around for an AEM SRI/CAI.

H22a Sleeper:

Comment

I paid $200 for my CAI, and I have a rusty hole in my car where I had to cut to make room for it. If I had the chance to do it over again, SRI would be the choice, hands down.

Comment

Working...
                                X