Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How easy to swap h22a4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How easy to swap h22a4

The h22a4 motor is 98. I heard its not that hard to do. They told me just to get the jumper hardness ob2 to ob1, its 92 cb7.. Can u guy give me the most easy it was for u guys??

try the search function and type in

h22 swap

and be prepared for alot of reading and learning

my advice is to read the threads twice before turning the first bolt/nut
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

I mean I no its a easy swap Cuz I have 4 years working for my dad shop he's 35+ working all cars from 50's to 2014 any car n just wanted to no ur way u did ur swap...

Comment

How do u do that still new to the site but no a lot about cb7s

Comment

Your definition of "Easy" is the question.

But here this should get you started: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=126672

This can be found in the Swaps section, Even though you are a beginner you can still access all the main forum sections.
          It just means if you have any questions you need to ask them in the beginner forum until you get your 30 posts

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

as long as you can read its easy as cake(if cake is easy). jus follow the thread. read it several times. print it, carry it around with you. take it to bed, buy it dinner. fall in love with it. seriously though. jus follow the diy, grab your wrenches and prepare to get frustrated

Comment

The how to is all on this site in many different ways. The hard parts are 1. Start turning a wrench 2. Don't mess up and 3. Finish. Not being sarcastic but lots of people forget one of those three steps and you need all three.
              ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

If you have to inquire about the difficulty of something (which is wholly subjective...) then it's likely too difficult for you.

Read the instructions found in the Swaps section of this site.
                Avoid an H22A4 from a Prelude SH, as those have a different bracket for the intermediate shaft. You'd have to fabricate something yourself to make it work. The ATTS transmission found in those models is also incompatible with the CB chassis without modification.

In the future, please use the "edit" button to add to a post, rather than making one post after another. Also, start typing like an adult if you wish to be treated as one. We don't spoon feed here, and we don't do babytalk. You're not texting your girlfriend. You're asking experienced enthusiasts to help you. Act like it.

Comment

Thx guys n I'm not putting the tranny from the h22a4 ,, I'm just using the motor with f22 tranny.
                  And yes I no how to move a round my cb7....

Dude chill I'm new and I type like that sometime bro chill. We all here for the same reason cb7 bro!!!
                  Not to talk down on people and tell them stuff man....

I'm here to meet more cb7 member bro... I don't know how NY does it but Cali bro cb7 rule and h22a4 will swap to my car with know problems
                  Last edited by CaliBoy7; 05-22-2014, 10:39 AM.

Comment

lemme see, here in NY I have/had

3 1970 Impala's, coupe small block 350, sedan small block 350, wagon w/ 454

1973 Impala coupe 400 c.i. automatic

1974 Vega V8 swapped

1976 Cosworth Vega (parted out due to buckled body from collision)

1976 Cosworth Vega (still have)

1978 Malibu sedan V8 swapped

1980 Chevy Monza 2+2

1983 Malibu wagon (original V8 car)

1989 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo 2 hardtop coupe

1990 Cb7 (have)

1992 cb7 sedan (traded)

2001 Hyundai Elantra (daily driver and more wifey's car)

I turn 48 in July and did my first oil change at 8 years old on my dad's 1965 Rambler American (where i learned alot about fixing cars)

like previous posters have said, i printed out the diy's for 5 lug conversion,parking pole installation, replacing timing belt w/balance shaft delete and setting timing/idle, etc etc

has helped me a milliomn times over, learning what to do and what not to do

AND here in NY i don't have the police all over my behind because of a modified car

Comment

Do I hear a Tupac vs. biggie war brewing?

Comment

Originally posted by kratemertyl View Post
                        Do I hear a Tupac vs. biggie war brewing?
                        No, you don't.
                        Wrecked, Revived, and still Rollin'

Check out my MRT!

Originally posted by deevergote
                        The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by High5er View Post
                          No, you don't.
                          exactly

Comment

Working...
                          X