Fireworks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireworks

Any pyros in here? Where do you guys get your stuff? I have been shopping for July 4th and seems i might go local this year as there is a wholesaler less than 15 miles away from me.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Real fireworks are illegal in CO, so we have to cross state lines to buy them. Luckily, I'm a half hour from the Wyoming border, immediately on the other side of which is a cluster of two or three big-name firework outlets. I just go with Black Cat, because that's where we always went growing up in South Dakota.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
      Real fireworks are illegal in CO, so we have to cross state lines to buy them. Luckily, I'm a half hour from the Wyoming border, immediately on the other side of which is a cluster of two or three big-name firework outlets. I just go with Black Cat, because that's where we always went growing up in South Dakota.
      I know what you mean, they are illegal in Houston too but I live just outside the city and we have no restrictions here. Should've seen New Years, there was so many fireworks being burnt that the cars were full of dirt and pieces of cardboard the next morning. So far I have ordered a full case and 13 other cakes, I still have about 10 ft of fuse from New Years.

Comment

They're illegal in NJ too, but we can get them easily enough in PA. Just a short drive from me. I've never bought my own, but my friends always have some. We usually don't go crazy, though. Our area is pretty densely populated, and there are always displays going on pretty much all summer.

Comment

Its become a thing for me and my younger brother, i usually get the 4th july week off and he stays with me. This year i did not get days off though so they will make the drive and probably just stay the night.

Comment

Fireworks are apparently completely "illegal" here in Kansas City, but I don't think it's ever enforced. Black cat for the win! Everything else we've tried sucks in comparison.
            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
              Fireworks are apparently completely "illegal" here in Kansas City, but I don't think it's ever enforced. Black cat for the win! Everything else we've tried sucks in comparison.
              Black Cat has good firecrackers but for aerials World class and Dominator are hard to beat although Mad Ox seems to have some great stuff too. Winda, Boomer, Brothers etc offer great price but perform less. This 4th im planning on making my own red, white and blue smoke bombs.

Comment

Ok, so after placing a big order to the wholesaler he did not manage to deliver on about half of the goods, all i managed to get for myself was; 48 200g cakes, 4 350g cakes, 2 500g cakes, 4 packs of roman candles and 2 saturn missiles. I can take pictures later to try and upload them as well as once i start fusing everything together for tomorrow. There were 3 of us getting together to shoot a bigger display but as we all know folks are all go until the last minute.

Comment

Ah, roman candles. Growing up, my entire family would always go to my grandparents' house in country to set ours off. Roman candle fights were a staple, haha.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                    Ah, roman candles. Growing up, my entire family would always go to my grandparents' house in country to set ours off. Roman candle fights were a staple, haha.
                    then you would love the 120 shot Patriot torch i bought!

Comment

"Safe and sane" are all we are allowed here in Idaho.
                      Aerial fireworks are illegal with a giant loophole (people sign a waiver that says they will take it out of state to use them, but literally no one does). This year our AG passed a law that closes that loophole, but law enforcement will probably look the other way even though EVERYTHING is f*cking dry here and will catch fire like it does every year...

Enough of my rant.
                      We actually have a place local that sells year round. Rocky Mountain Fur & Fireworks. Feel like blowing sh*t up for your birthday? Head over and grab some stuff. Want to celebrate every Wednesday for the hell of it? Head over there! It's kinda cool actually.

Also got into making my own the last few years. Still have a lot of potassium perchlorate, aluminum, sulfur, charcoal, and other raw materials... KClO4 and aluminum make the best M80s!
                      Last edited by Jon; 07-03-2017, 07:59 PM.
                      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Its illegal in MA but people still cross the border into NH to go buy stuff. I'm about a 30 min ride from the closest fireworks shop. It aint Live Free or Die for nothing haha
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                          "Safe and sane" are all we are allowed here in Idaho.
                          Aerial fireworks are illegal with a giant loophole (people sign a waiver that says they will take it out of state to use them, but literally no one does). This year our AG passed a law that closes that loophole, but law enforcement will probably look the other way even though EVERYTHING is f*cking dry here and will catch fire like it does every year...

Enough of my rant.
                          We actually have a place local that sells year round. Rocky Mountain Fur & Fireworks. Feel like blowing sh*t up for your birthday? Head over and grab some stuff. Want to celebrate every Wednesday for the hell of it? Head over there! It's kinda cool actually.

Also got into making my own the last few years. Still have a lot of potassium perchlorate, aluminum, sulfur, charcoal, and other raw materials... KClO4 and aluminum make the best M80s!
                          Funny you mention this as i have newspapers that i soaked in a solution of 4 ounce sugar, 6 ounce Potassium Nitrate and a couple table spoons of baking soda. You then roll them up as tightly as you can and wrap them in aluminum foil to create bitchin smoke bombs.. There is some crazy bastard around here that pops shells every single night, i need to go work wherever he does so i can afford to shoot everyday of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by HenRoc View Post
                            Its illegal in MA but people still cross the border into NH to go buy stuff. I'm about a 30 min ride from the closest fireworks shop. It aint Live Free or Die for nothing haha
                            There are no less than 5 firework warehouses within a 15 mile radius of my house, throw in the stands and there are about 30 places that carry stuff around here. Funny story, last year i purchased the super cheap chinese stuff, i mean the stuff that is so questionable that is not even labeled up or down; i loaded that thing upside down and as i backed up about 4 feet and heard the hiss of the first charge go off i turned and ran right before the shell turned the mortar tube into confetti. Needless to say the evening got a whole lot more interesting that night.

Comment

^ Interesting indeed.

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                              Funny you mention this as i have newspapers that i soaked in a solution of 4 ounce sugar, 6 ounce Potassium Nitrate and a couple table spoons of baking soda. You then roll them up as tightly as you can and wrap them in aluminum foil to create bitchin smoke bombs.. There is some crazy bastard around here that pops shells every single night, i need to go work wherever he does so i can afford to shoot everyday of the year.
                              No kidding! I have no idea what shell prices are these days either. If anyone has bought some recently, let us know. Raw materials to make a sizable 2" shell are pretty spendy.
                              Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Working...
                              X