Steering wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
    You don't need to do all that to change the wiper and headlight angles. All you need to do is take apart the switches and change the stalk arm itself.

Even with 90-91 column the prelude wheel sits to close to switches and has fitment issues with the column cover. The only proper way to install one is to cut the spline out and reweld so the wheel sits further out.
    And what about the clock spring when you cut the splines off the shaft and reweld? The dowel will no longer go inside the wheel... Or are you talking about cutting the spline section out of the wheel? Either way the dowel won't reach the hole in the wheel from the clock spring... So that won't work without further modification.

The 90/91 column and covers give 3/4" more clearance over 92/93. The column cover on mine didn't rub the wheel. I forget now what I did so that it wouldn't now, it was 2012 when I did this. I modified the "buckets" for the wiper and turn signal stalk "boxes" somehow as well. Cannot remember how but it gave slightly more clearance than stock but it wasn't noticeable.

When I was searching for info to do mine all I found were people who just stuck it on there and had no horn, no cruise control, an SRS light, turn signals that wouldn't cancel, and the column covers rub. With that being said, everything on mine worked regardless of how anyone else would do it. I would have loved for someone to come along and give me advice about 2 years ago... But I had to figure it out on my own with bad advice alongside incomplete info.

Comment

I also read the information and the DIY on the prelude wheel, and I found them full of wrong and bad info. The wheel is not a bolt on mod.

The srs clock springs are thicker and wheel is further out , that is why the angle change on the stalks. By cutting out the splines and repositioning the wheel you will still have functioning signals and clock spring. Not sure about the 92-93, but all the newer airbag honda cars I have worked have the signal cancel grooves 90 degrees of from non airbag car. Again not sure of 92-93 but newer clock spring dowels are long enough, but I am pretty sure new holes will need to be drilled to center properly. Unfortunately you would probably end up having a gap between wheel and clock spring on a 92-93.

It has been along time since I messed with it also and don't remember everything, but I do remember it was more work to install it properly than that prelude wheel deserves.

My info on prelude wheel and pictures of cutting the splines for a MDX wheel are in this threadhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=148087
      Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

I'm sure I messed with the SRS clock spring and tried to throw it in the mix but I have no recollection of it. It's been to long.

It has been along time since I messed with it also and don't remember everything, but I do remember it was more work to install it properly than that prelude wheel deserves.
        Yeah. I felt that way when it was done. I liked it and it's better than the stock wheel but all the bullshit wasn't worth it. Had I knew what all it was going to take from the beginning I would have never started.

Comment

I know this thread is a couple years old, but still worth a read. Meh, I don't like the Prelude wheel anyway.
          My '91 LX build. Bought September 2017. Sold June 2020.
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...r /> t=209871
          Current mileage: 399450 5/18/2020

My '92 LX build. Bought Novemeber 2019. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...91#post3293791
          Current mileage: 422679 11/21/19

Comment

Ap1 s2000 steering wheel on my 92 cb7

Comment

To use any of the newer steering wheels you have to change to a CD Accord column right?
              5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

That's an option, or you can cut the splines off of a newer column, as well as your current one, and have the new spoiled shaft welded onto your existing column.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                X