Raf99 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is looking good, as usual.

As far as finding power steering hose, have you tried any of your local machine/hydraulic shops, transport truck garage or farm tractor supply shops? They usually have that kind of stuff. If it's the pressure side, they can usually press fit whatever fittings you want on it as well.
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

good job on the transmission John! I took one of mine apart but not as extensive as you did. I just swapped differentials to add LSD.

I am glad you went with a SS clutch line. I was wondering if you were going to remove the rubber line from the pictures haha.

That VC and upper timing cover came out great! I still would like to do that.

Keep up the great work!!!!!

Comment

Good God man! I've only missed the last 5 pages and I see you managed to tackle so much! Engine bay looks awesome! Engine and transmission look great and props to figuring out the hiccups and getting it all assembled! You're my hero!
        1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
          Everything is looking good, as usual.

As far as finding power steering hose, have you tried any of your local machine/hydraulic shops, transport truck garage or farm tractor supply shops? They usually have that kind of stuff. If it's the pressure side, they can usually press fit whatever fittings you want on it as well.
          And I appreciate ya stopping by as always!
          Ya, i stopped in a hydraulic shop and they said they could get me any hose I wanted. So I just need to bring in the old hose and see they can make me one. I also wish all manufactures would get on the same page. ie - the power steering cooler takes 3/8" ID (inside diameter) lines. But the mishimoto power steering reservoir takes 1/2" ID. Unless it's soft rubber there's no way you are getting 3/8" lines on the reservoir. So I'm forced to go with 1/2" lines and use clamps. Good thing it's low pressure side.

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
          good job on the transmission John! I took one of mine apart but not as extensive as you did. I just swapped differentials to add LSD.

I am glad you went with a SS clutch line. I was wondering if you were going to remove the rubber line from the pictures haha.

That VC and upper timing cover came out great! I still would like to do that.

Keep up the great work!!!!!
          Thanks man! And if the tranny works fine then that will be amazing! That would mean I know how to fully rebuild transmissions now. The next new hurtle will be installing the twin disc clutch. Tuner guy said I'll have to shave down the throwout bearing a bit as it's a tight fit.

Ummm.. ok. sure.

And I think next on the list is a Skunk2 70mm throttle body. I know there's no performance gain but I like the look of them.

Comment

Turns out I have a PDF of the honda manual for rebuilding the trans I have. I will admit, I did not do this step But i did make sure they slid well and/or tried to keep their original spot.

Comment

Well, this has to be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. The twin disc comes with a 12lbs flywheel made to work with discs.

Comment

You officially own the baddest clutch ever (to be) installed in a CB. Congratulations.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I am very jealous......
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Wow so much going on here nice work.
                    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Looking at the twin disc set up makes my foot hurt lol. Looks beefy. I’m curious to hear how aggressive the engagement is. If it will let you feather the clutch at all or not.
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Thanks all.

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                        Looking at the twin disc set up makes my foot hurt lol. Looks beefy. I’m curious to hear how aggressive the engagement is. If it will let you feather the clutch at all or not.
                        I am very curious of this too. Considering the clutches have no springs I think it will be on/off with minimal slippage allowed. I'm glad I have a 12lbs flywheel now. So ya, not sure how this is going to go yet....

As of now I'm waiting for parts. Need flywheel bolts, clutch alignment tool, a hose reducer. I'm kind of behind schedule but it's ok as eastern Canada is having one of the hottest summers we have had in 20 years. Sally is not fun to drive in 30C with 40C humidity. I also need oil, lots of PS fluid and clutch / brake fluid. My goal is to have this on the road before Aug 27.

Comment

I have heard that twin disc pedal pressure is light for its holding capacity. Post up pics of your left calf after a few drives.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                            I have heard that twin disc pedal pressure is light for its holding capacity. Post up pics of your left calf after a few drives.
                            I read it was light too. And clutch rattle is annoying. We'll see....

Comment

Below is the final setup for the PS reservoir and cooler. I figure the cooler will do better here than nothing at all, which is what i ran for years. You can see the BS one has to go through with a Mishimoto PS reservoir. The ends of it are hard plastic, so the host you would need would have a 1/2" inside diameter (ID). But the hoses coming from the rack don't have that. Plus most PS hose is pretty solid. You always end up making some contraption like this. The hose running from the PS reservoir is a large 1/2" ID, hopefully won't have any issues.

With oil catch can installed.

Comment

That’s an interesting setup. I like how it’s all tucked away against the fire wall.
                                5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

Working...
                                X