No announcement yet.

G. Wiffington : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am slacking lol. So I never actually got to start my car after redoing the notch
    in the front crossmember & doing the header wrap install. I have fixed that
    noise I was complaining about. It was indeed the downpipe hitting the
    crossmember. When I pulled the piping off you could see a mark on the DP
    where it was hitting. I am glad it was a simple fix.

If only I had heat!!
    Keep Pushing..

Comment

Did you ever go get it tuned?

Comment

On the Dyno, nope. But, I have been tuning it with my buddy he is pretty good
        with Hondata & tuning. I have also just been reading a lot on tuning as well as
        learning on the Hondata forum. The Hondata Help Guide also has all the info to tune too.
        I have been going off of the "Estimated Fuel Change" on the datalogs & adjusting accordingly
        since I have my AEM Wideband connected to pin D10 going into the ECU.
        It really doesn't seem too complicated as long as I have the WB.
        Hopefully sometime in the spring I can get it professionally tuned on a dyno.
        But, I am also not beating on the engine so just in case there is an issue I
        think I should be okay.

Not sure of the HP or anything though which I would love to know!
        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Over the weekend I have been working on the Rear Toe Arms & I think this has been the biggest pain so far on my CB.

Ever since I bought my CB it has had some alignment issues. Last year when I went to Firestone to get an alignment & the technician sais that my driver side toe was frozen & the passenger side was "maxed out".

I don't have my document in front of me but I think the rear toe....
          Driver's Side was : 1.21

Passenger Side was : 0.80.

Very very toe'd in lol. The rear tires definitely wore down a lot. Which sucks because the front tires are perfect. It used to be very sketchy when driving because going around a turn with bumps made the rear of the car start moving back & forth.

Anyway, since my Driver's Side was frozen I had to cut out the bolt which was such a pain in the butt!! That bolt is pretty thick. This had to be the most difficult part of my suspension overall.

I finally got the arm out & the new one in on the Driver's Side with new Honda hardware. I did the string method to check the toe & it looks pretty close to 0.0 for toe.

I am now waiting for some spare time from work to finish up the passenger side. Hopefully I can get that done soon because the warm weather is coming!
          Keep Pushing..

Comment

Installed a set of Megan Racing Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms

A Little progress on my rear alignment issues. So after realizing I was having a Toe issue with my rear tires I went under to remove the toe arms but the bolts on both side were frozen to the bushing so of course I had to cut them out. On the first side (driver's) I used a metal blade with longer teeth so it made my cutting pretty difficult. I went to get a better blade with more "fine" teeth which made my cutting a lot easier.

Anyway..I installed new MOOG toe arms on both sides along with new Honda eccentric bolts, nuts, & the eccentric washers.

I set the toe as best as I could with the string method but I learned that there was an issue with the passenger side still because during the adjustment I could not get it to toe out anymore. Seemed like it was maxed out or the rear of the tire has been pushed out or the front of the tire was pushed in. I think sometime before the rear passenger side must have been either hit in an accident, or slid into a curb which was causing the front of the tire to turn inwards. Maybe the Trailing Arm is bent? Because when I was putting the ebay lower control arms (these were installed over a year ago) back on I was struggling to line up the long bolt that connect the control arm & the toe arm together.

So, I purchased the Megan Adjustable control arms that way I could make it the correct length. This might just be masking whatever the real issue is regarding this rear tire but it did work in my favor.

I adjusted both lower arms to the appropriate length & I now finally have a GOOD rear alignment for the first time since owning my CB.

All I need to do is hit Firestone to get an alignment. Or hopefully my buddy who works at Honda can hook me up lol.

I also bought Megan Racing Adjustable Toe Arms but I might just save that for when it gets warmer outside.
            Last edited by G. Wiffington; 06-22-2018, 04:04 PM.
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

I haven't uploaded anything in a while but, here are some pictures I have taken over the past two months or so.

This is the new driveway spot for my CB. It makes me nervous because my neighborhood is not the best & my driveway is front of my house.
              I do not like how many people can see it sitting in my driveway. My old house used to have to driveway in the back alley so my car was hidden.
              I should probably find an anti-theft DIY so I feel a little safer. I just do not want it to get stolen.
              Last edited by G. Wiffington; 06-22-2018, 04:15 PM.
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

Installed an Oil Catch Can

Keep Pushing..

Comment

I also have a new set of tires, Hankook Ventus V2 Concept2 205/50R16 ready to put on.

I also need to Re-Center my steering rack & redo the alignment for the entire car.
                  Keep Pushing..

Comment

Do you have an alarm installed? Maybe add a kill switch?

Comment

Locking hood pins, removable steering wheel, and a kill switch will all help deter but bring attention as well.
                      ~Nick~
                      FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                      MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by excalibur02 View Post
                        Do you have an alarm installed? Maybe add a kill switch?
                        Nope no alarm. A kill switch would be a good idea.
                        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                          Locking hood pins, removable steering wheel, and a kill switch will all help deter but bring attention as well.
                          Yeah true, my setup looks completely stock. I think I may go with a kill switch.
                          Keep Pushing..

Comment

So I was in the process of getting my CB ready to take to Honda Day this
                            weekend but, I think the Hurricane has other plans. Bummer..oh well.

I have been doing some work on it every now & then. The weather has been
                            a little crazy lately, just like work so I have only had limited time to mess
                            with it.

When I did my H22 swap I did the whole ABS delete & cleaned up my engine bay a little bit but I really wish I would have repainted it. So two weeks ago I was bored & did a little painting. I could not find a close enough color to my paint but I ended up finding a wheel paint that was pretty close. I think it looks pretty good considering I suck at painting.

The left picture was last fall & the picture on the right was the new paint.

Keep Pushing..

Comment

Looks a lot better. For matching color paint: www.automotivetouchup.com
                              90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                              08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Thank you. I will have to use that site in the future.
                                Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                                X