No announcement yet.

mj213 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're around, though they're slowly becoming as rare as actual G Square grills. Jack Lee is making some if you check his threads. He's also selling some eyelids but you need to have JDM headlights or grind the alignment nipples off the lens for them to fit.

Comment

Jesus. I had some royally incorrect info on my initial post. Think I got it all corrected and updated.

Comment

Shatty cell pic, but I got the Vigor spoiler installed, stock tails reinstalled, my fugen lip back on, and yesterday Ray Ray and I put a new clutch master cylinder in. Woot!

I'm in the process of blacking out the trim (with vinyl trim tape). Going to be a while, but I can't stand it the way it is now.
        Last edited by mj213; 03-19-2010, 01:46 AM.

Comment

More shitty cell pics, but a new project has arrived in the mail.

Comment

Interested. Id like to see it done.

Comment

Got my camera out, better rear end shot. Dirty car. Hopefully, it'll stop snowing so I can put the vinyl blackout tape on.

Last edited by mj213; 03-19-2010, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Few updates (shadowline matte black vinyl):

Comment

Matt that looks SO good!

Most excellent!!
                  My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

where di u buy that tape?

Comment

I ordered it from a bmw site. They're also an ebay vendor - http://shadowlinetrim.com/index.html

Comment

so 2 rolls of 3' x 30'
                        Is this correct?

did you use it all?

great work man! not sure how I missed your car.
                        Just beautiful!
                        MadLab Racing
                        Southern Maryland

Comment

Thank you! Yes that's correct. I actually have only used one so far. I still have to do the rear window and the top piece that goes across the windshield. I'm not 100% certain but I am fairly sure 1 roll of that will do nicely. 3 inch wasn't completely necessary, but it made for doing the bends a bit easier. There's sort of a trick to it anyway.

Comment

hmmm so should cover sunroof as well! great thanks!

ya you get the lil tricks with everything. they might have the diy up before I get it.
                            MadLab Racing
                            Southern Maryland

Comment

I doubt they will. I've been looking at it for a few months, and it's said the same thing.

This stuff is excellent to apply. You can pull and stretch it a bit to get any air pockets out, and wrinkles. The trick on curved trim is to locate the side of the trim that is straight and then apply it there, wrapping it around to the surface that you want covered. That's the main reason I chose the 3 inch width.

Comment

New pics.

Picked up some new wheels today. I've been looking for these for a while. 16" too!

I picked these up as a spare set - I don't really want to use my G Squares as my only wheels. They're too hard to replace to just have them on all the time with as much mileage as I put on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X