Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New guy from New zealand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy from New zealand!

Hey guys / gals. My names Craig (Zombine), long time member on www.nzhondas.com.

I currently own a DC2 integra which is in the process of a long build.

And a CB7 accord, which is 99% factory. Nearly fully optioned from new, and bought by my grandfather. Only mods at this stage are a nardi wheel, and some sounds to keep me entertained - It's my daily driver.

The CB has an F22Z1, an auto gearbox, leather interior, ABS brakes, the lot. Only thing that wasnt optioned from the factory was the sunroof, as my grandmother had rust issues on her CA accord and they didn't trust them.

After getting bored with the auto gearbox, I decided to swap it to a manual (Which is why I'm here, getting info I need for the swap ), And decided, Why not drop an H22A in at the same time.

Here in NZ we have an abundance of available parts for Hondas, And have collected these bits so far:

Blacktop H22A closed deck shortblock
    Complete Euro R head incl cams, intake manifold, TB etc.
    Euro R T2W4 Gearbox
    Manual H series shift cables
    H22A flywheel
    And a few other bits and pieces.

As I work at the local Honda dealership as a technician, Getting parts for cheap is not a problem, Have stripped the oil pump I got with the blacktop shortblock, and its perfect, So am reassembling it with all new o rings and seals.

As the car is an auto, from searching here I have come to the conclusion I'll need a CD accord manual gearbox mount, or a BB1/BB4 prelude manual gearbox mount.

What about the rear/front/cambelt side mounts, Will they swap over from the F22 to the H22? Don't want to run aftermarket mounts as I don't want the car rattling :P

Anyway thats enough for now, It's midnight here and I need sleep!

Thanks for reading

Oh and if anyone is interested, Heres a link to the build thread on my integra on nzhondas

https://nzhondas.com/build-threads/9...ears-here.html

Thanks again!
    Last edited by Zombine; 05-20-2016, 04:55 PM.

Wow, that thing is incredibly clean! Looks new!

If you want to do the manual transmission conversion properly, you have two options. First is to cut the transmission mount bracket out of a manual CB and weld it in place of your auto mount bracket. That can be a pain, for obvious reasons. Second would be to purchase a conversion mount. I believe Innovative still makes them. ESP (ExplicitSpeedPerformance) used to make them, but they are out of business at the moment (temporarily, we hope.) You may still be able to find a used mount for sale if you look.

The CD or Prelude mounts don't really work properly. They're close, but you still run the risk of damaging an axle.

All other mounts from the CB can be used. You'll find more H22A swap info in the "sticky" threads at the top of the Swaps section of this site.

Comment

That cb is super fresh!

Ive been on that forum before a few times as it has come up in sesrch results.

Hope you get on fine with the H swap. The cars too good for a daily!

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
      UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
      NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Thanks guys

I'm sure I'll find all the info I need here for the swap.

Heres some more pics

Blacktop block freshly acid dipped and honed.

Euro R box after I rebuilt it at work and gave it a massive cleanup - Was filthy before hand.

Euro R head after being stripped down and acid dipped, Has had casting marks removed from runners, Valves will be recut and complete head reassembled with new spring LMA's and valve stem seals.

Euro R intake manifold, This has since been stripped down, and has been acid dipped so its sparkling clean inside and out. Planning on getting a Rosko racing IACV adaptor (unless people know these wont fit in the cb?)

The Euro R head when I got it, Filthy!

Nardi wheel the day I installed it (Used to be in my DC2 :P)

Comment

Clean cb man, I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this thing!

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!
            Clean Integra and CB7. I'm waiting on my Woodgrain Nardi wheel looks dope on a CB7

Comment

Thanks guys

Went to a local place, Where its dead cars, you go around and pick off the parts you want and buy them for dirt cheap. its called pick a part.

Got myself a Prelude shifter unit:

And a CD accord manual gearbox mount, If I have to drill the mount off and move it I'll do that. Don't want to run an aftermarket mount as I want it to look and feel stock. strictly no vibrations.

So now that I have a shifter unit, cables, gearbox, flywheel all sorted, just need a clutch, pedal assemblies, cmc, clutch slave cylinder, and axles I'm thinking of doing the manual conversion now and dropping the h22a in when its built.

So one more question to you fine people, What clutch/brake pedals will work? not sure if relavent as the RHD thing over here. Hoping that BB1/4 prelude work as manual cb accords at these pickaparts is quite hard to come by.

And what axles to run? BB1/4 CD5/6 manual ones all I need?

Thanks

Comment

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone using a CD shifter in a CB7, it's usually the BB4 shifter.
                Originally posted by Mishakol129
                Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

That is a BB1/4 shifter

Comment

Wow... Totally read that wrong the first time, not sure what I was reading...
                    Originally posted by Mishakol129
                    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

My friend used a CD shifter. It's nearly identical to the CB shifter.

Using the CD mount isn't the best idea for the conversion. It supposedly works, but it's not correct. It will still cause your axles to be an an odd angle. If you want it to look stock, and you want to do it right, find yourself a CB with a manual transmission, and cut off the transmission mount bracket. Weld it in place of your current auto mount bracket. It's not as easy as simply bolting in a mount, but it's the correct way to do it, and the only way (besides the very non-stock-looking aftermarket mounts) to ensure everything sits as it should. Fortunately, from the look of things, you don't seem to have a problem with doing things the right way

Comment

Beautiful ride, your family took damn good care of it! Looking forward top seeing that H swap happen

Comment

Hey Man welcome to the forum.

Car looks clean, what dealership are you working at?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Thanks guys

Working at Waikato Honda.

Comment

So clean!

Comment

Working...
                              X