Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22b dohc built head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22b dohc built head

hello ive just made a pretty big purchase and was wondering if i need to run adjustable cam gears or not..

crower cams stage 3 na p/n:62483-2

valve spring, ti retainers, and retainers p/n:84177

supertech valve , valve gudes , and valve stem seals

im super excited to have a rough idle
    No marathon gets easier later. ...

Yes on cam gears. Is this a turbo or n/a build. Eaither way port the head to really get the benafits from those cams.

my new turbo build

Comment

Many people elect not to use adjustable gears, as they can be a pain to set perfectly. I don’t believe it’s necessary, but it’s true that you’ll be able to pull more from your setup with a good set.

Comment

scored big today

i think im will get it tuned with the stock cam gear for the time being unless i can find a good set of b series cam gears that someone would trade parts for.. i scored an h22 block with goodies and m2s4 (h23usdm) transmission for 80$ from a facebook group today

alternator relocation bracket & a cable to hydro conversion

1320 balance shaft delete with a newish oil pump

ks tuned manual tensioner (the OG)

innovation ef trans mount

a low mile xtd 7 or 8 pound flywheel, 6 pluck clutch, & pressure plate

h22 has new ring but the kid did not gap the ring and scored the cylinder walls..=( he also said it has king race bearing in it as well

do you think i could reuse the ring in another block that has low comression if i gap them properly ?

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
          Yes on cam gears. Is this a turbo or n/a build. Eaither way port the head to really get the benafits from those cams.
          this is going to be an n/a build for a while I wanna rebuild the lower end for the big boost before I go turbo

Comment

XTD is crap. That exact clutch is what put my cb7 out of commission (ended up being permanent, due to an unrelated incident). At the very least, use an oem throwout bearing. The xtd one will most likely seize on you.

B series cam gears? Why?

The H22 has FRM cylinder walls. Very delicate, and difficult if not impossible to repair when damaged. A scored cylinder wall may mean that block is useless without an expensive resleeve. If you’re interested in boost, now is the time to beef up that block for it.
            If you’re building another block, I wouldn’t use parts that have been in a failed build. That used ring had seen the wrong end of a cylinder wall. I doubt it would seal properly.
            Don’t cut corners on things that will be expensive or frustrating to correct if they fail.

Comment

Also, why is this in the appearance section?

Comment

Why are you gathering h22 parts for the f22b head? I’m confused here

my new turbo build

Comment

Why are you gathering h22 parts for the f22b head? I’m confused here
                  for 80 buck i could not pass it up ill be transfering the manual tensioner and the balance shaft delete the alternator relocation bracket all on the f22 im selling the rest.

im going to post this in the rite thread like deev said i accidently posted this in the apperence section

Comment

I moved it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by jamin_jacob View Post
                      for 80 buck i could not pass it up ill be transfering the manual tensioner and the balance shaft delete the alternator relocation bracket all on the f22 im selling the rest.

im going to post this in the rite thread like deev said i accidently posted this in the apperence section
                      The f22b is Manuel tensioned already

my new turbo build

Comment

The f22b is Manuel tensioned already
                        i dont think mine is, but ill post pic later to confirm.
                        ill be pulling the motor out today and taking it apart tomorrow

Comment

F22B should be manual. H22 is auto, unless the previous owner converted it.

Comment

I actually have a set of Brian crower cams in my turbo coupe. They are the biggest set I could get from them. They are about 7 years old lmao. I don’t have cam gears on mine and I regret not getting them befor the tune. If I were you I would get a very good set. As for your tensioner, all f22a/b motors are Manuel tensioned. Only h22a and f20b came hydrolic.

my new turbo build

Comment

Does Manuel have to do the tensioning? Can’t it be someone else? :-p

Comment

Working...
                              X