No announcement yet.

EXT: DRL insight wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you would use a relay with the defrost switch. find the lead that is the switch, and run it to the relay.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Is the Insight DRL module internally isolated?

Comment

back from the dead, after searching to get a properly working install diagram....

hey timmy0tool.... did you ever "edit/change" ur original diagram so you can have it this way?? --see below--

"--the wiring below shows how to wire it though the result does NOT function like an OEM DRL would. my diagram has a manual switch so you can actually control when the DRL turns on (even when the lowbeams are on or the car is off). be careful not to leave it on when you leave!--"

or has anyone else figured this out! i read 2 OLD threads to figure this out for my JDM headlights, to run like ^^above^^.... and i am definately confused....

Sean
        F22a1-->F22A-->H22A-->auto-2-5spd-->K20 6spd-->F22C 6spd RWD-->4G63 6spd AWD-->K24 6spd????

Sold to: blackice, Myothercar, Rennat, Ilikebigbutts, HA91, DA92CB7, accord91lx, Cb7GHOST, Gemini, whiteaccord92,Warudakumi, jhondayaaj
        Bought from: 93twodoorLX, Datmofo, g7kobayashi, accord_inspire, Accord SiR, Kurobei, UK-Accord, phreakish93, RENR, k-mart

Comment

any updates on this here diy'er?

Comment

definately reviving this one, i searched and saw a lot of people asking so what the hell free bump.

anyways, on to my question though. i have googled insight daytime running light module, and cant seem to find a place that sells them. maybe a little bit of insight on to where some people got this from? i found some relays online for a $1.50 each and i understand the wiring concept. just cant find the damn module lol. thanks for the help.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
            So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316
              definately reviving this one, i searched and saw a lot of people asking so what the hell free bump.

anyways, on to my question though. i have googled insight daytime running light module, and cant seem to find a place that sells them. maybe a little bit of insight on to where some people got this from? i found some relays online for a $1.50 each and i understand the wiring concept. just cant find the damn module lol. thanks for the help.
              they are hard to come by. There was one for sale here not that long ago.

Comment

yeh lowoctane, but his pm box is full and hasnt been on since december when he was selling it. so i dont know if its sold or not. anyone have his number or something ill take it off him now. unless anyone knows of another brand that will work/function the same. also is the company that made these Pacific Insight?

So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

we don't make this module anymore, there are similar modules we make but we don't sell them to the general public.

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                  the joys of digging into an old car, its like christmas every time you try to fix something. "woohoo!! more rust and broken parts! sweet!!!"

Comment

do you work for them i assume? pacific insight? why would you stop selling to the general public?

Comment

Originally posted by 102030405
                      we don't make this module anymore, there are similar modules we make but we don't sell them to the general public.
                      LOL Im never selling mine

Comment

Originally posted by bagoon316
                        do you work for them i assume? pacific insight? why would you stop selling to the general public?
                        We have never sold to the general public, we only sell to large companies like FORD, GM, Volvo, Freightliner Trucks, Peterson Manufacturing & many others, in the past we have sold stuff to companies that sometimes repackage our modules and sell them in retail outlets. similar modules can still be found in stores but they won't have the Insight logo on them.

the joys of digging into an old car, its like christmas every time you try to fix something. "woohoo!! more rust and broken parts! sweet!!!"

Comment

after talking with our salesman, these modules are still sold to Taylor Wilton in very low quantities, but this won't last long as we are only selling our remaining stock of these modules, I might however buy a bunch and sell them through ebay if I see enough demand for this module.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                            Doesnt the Insight DRL Module come with a wiring diagram to use
                            on our cars ?
                            it comes with a basic instruction listing the wires, there is no diagram straight from our company, this module was designed for use with low beams only @ 80% Intensity, it was also not designed for use in ground switching vehicles.

there is another module (CD1-A) we have that works at 100% intensity

The CD1-A DRL module is designed to automatically activate existing low beam headlights at full intensity when the ignition is switched on. The module will also de-activate the vehicle's headlights when the ignition is switched off. The module will not be activated when the park lamps are activated manually. NOTE: The module will not de-activate the vehicle's headlights if the headlight switch is left in the 'on' position.
                            Last edited by 102030405; 04-18-2008, 01:36 PM.

Comment

wow this is hella old.

I want to do this with my 93 ex. I was thinking about getting a potentiometer and putting it between the light. would it work how im thinking like adjustable brightness?
                              COUPE K24

Comment

Working...
                              X