Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bogging Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogging Down

Today I changed the following:

Timing Belt and seals associated (Gates belts and Honda seals)
    Everything TDC and idles better and sounds quieter.
    Valve cover gasket (Honda)
    Spark plugs and gap NGK copper (0.44)
    Seafoamed before changing new plugs (inserted seafoam through brake booster hose)
    Changed oil (5w-30 Mobil 1)
    Starts fine, idles fine, revs fine

After seafoamed, it bogs down real bad when in gear, especially @ low RPM's. Once the RPM's are up, it runs fine. Unplugged the O2 sensor and drove it and it still bogs down. Replugged it back.

No CEL's

I changed my fuel filter (Honda), distributor, wires (NGK), rotor button (NGK), cap (NGK), air filter (WIX), and seafoamed 10,000 miles ago and didn't have this bogging down issue before. Any one ever experience this before?
    Last edited by kdsjyc; 05-12-2012, 10:19 PM.

Maybe check/clean your egr ports?
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
      Maybe check/clean your egr ports?
      Will do tomorrow and post back results.

Comment

Originally posted by kdsjyc View Post
        Will do tomorrow and post back results.
        Check your timing again. Both physical and ignition.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Double check your ignition timing, something similar like this happenedto me gl man
          CB will be out beginning of March

Comment

If the o2 sensor isn't the problem, then my first thoughts are EGR or MAP... both should throw some CEL, though. Are you sure your CEL works? Like, the bulb itself?

If yes, then the only things I can think of is what everyone else said... ignition and physical timing. The idle SHOULD be different with incorrect timing with either, but that's really the only other possibility. Unless you have a serious exhaust restriction (clogged cat), or you have a damaged cylinder (belt valve, blown piston ring, etc...)

Comment

Yes the CEL works when I unplug the oxygen sensor the CEL came on and when I plug it back up it when off. I check the timing yesterday and it was correct I drove it again and notice it it only bog down at low rpm once I reach 2500 rpm it ride normal. I will check the EGR today.

Comment

Does it only happen once the car reaches operating temperature? Does it go away when you unplug the o2 sensor?

Comment

Have you cleaned out your IACV? Everytime i would throw my car in reverse or stop at a stop sign it would bogg down and shake the whole car. Mine was completly covered with carbon.
                  Or check to make sure it is in working condition with an ohm meter.

Comment

now that u guys talk about that ,, my CEL has never come on ,, it does its self check but my car is running like crap and was worst before but my CEL never came on
                    10th Anniversary Accord.
                    05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

my car would bog and hesitate like crazy... turns out i had a crazy vacuum leak.. Runs great now!

Comment

Sorry about getting back to you late, but my timing was off causing my car to bogging down.

Thanks to everybody for the response!!

Comment

Working...
                        X