Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: OEM Fog Light installation (USDM 9293, PART II)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXCELLENT WRITE UP!

makes me reconsider selling my foglights... maybe ill put em in my accord.
    "This truck is 100% sh*ts and giggles."
    "Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you." Jeremy Clarkson

You're not JDM until you have a car built in ohio with tons of bolt ons from ebay.
    Disregard females, acquire currency
    BUS 62 AIN'T F'ING AROUND!

Comment

Originally posted by k_checo
      I have a question regarding the wiring part. I see where to pass the wires thru the firewall but what are ways to pass it thru and be able to pass those wires to the switch slot?
      i do not quite understand your question. the oem switch slot is near the vents. wherever you choose to run the wires through the firewall (yes there are more than one way to run the wires through) you can route it up to the switch. you can also mount the switch in a different location. it's your preference.
      1cor10:31
      - 92 LX coupe
      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

I feel like I failed!!!

I have finally wired up everything and the lights and the switch light don't turn on ...I began to look around to see what could be the problem. I realized today that after connecting the switch I began to test it out without the lights being hooked up and I remember my brother saying that he saw smoke ...another thing that while I was finishing up I noticed that the bulbs are f***ed ....and I'm having trouble finding bulbs that go with the bulb relay. I might need someone to take a look at the work I've done.
        My 1993 LX

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
          i thought i posted this somewhere already?

[img]http://****.com/pics/hooking-up-fogs.jpg[/img]

ok need help or confirm that i did connect it right. When connecting the wires to the fuse box i connected A to (day lights) and C to START UP
          My 1993 LX

Comment

Originally posted by k_checo
            ok need help or confirm that i did connect it right. When connecting the wires to the fuse box i connected A to (day lights) and C to START UP
            if by START UP you mean +12v when the car is turned on, yes.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
              if by START UP you mean +12v when the car is turned on, yes.
              i mean thats the fuse i used to connect wire C. And what do you mean when you +12v?
              My 1993 LX

Comment

if you have the rubber moldings should u still sand it down to make it smooth? or can you just put the rubber molding on it?

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
                I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

Originally posted by Clean-CB7
                  if you have the rubber moldings should u still sand it down to make it smooth? or can you just put the rubber molding on it?
                  i would still sand it down to smooth it out so installing the rubber molding is a breeze. the molding will cover it though.
                  - 92 LX coupe
                  - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Great diy I need to get my lights and then I am gonna print out the directions and the schematics so I can do it without the whole making up my own wiring and stuff...But I have done a few fog light installs so it should be no problem.. once again thanks for the diy

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                    PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

updated first post for larger pics!
                      - 92 LX coupe
                      - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

As for the wiring kits, from Autozone OR wal-mart(or anywhere), do they sell wiring kits by themselves or did you guys just buy an aftermarket srt of fogs and retain its wiring

Also, Timmy, you said you used #10 1/2" sheet metal screws for the bottom 6(3x2) holes, but what size/kind of bolts did you use for the top holes/mounts?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                        Originally posted by Jarrett
                        Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

"Gonna-get-a-shower-then-head-to-the-hardware-store-for-those-bolts" BUMP

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

Anyone? Maybe something a little bigger than 1/2"...

Comment

Ok, bought another cb a while ago, and it came with a factory harness installed but no fogs. Now when i pressed the fog switch the highbeams turned on!!!! After a few days a decided to remove the harness and started the process, i found one end of the big plug from the harness connected to the fuse box that is under the hood, and the other end connected to another plug.

I unhooked the harness and connected the other plug from the highbeams, but now the highbeams don't work.

My questions are:
                              was the harness connected properly???
                              why the high beams won't work???
                              JDM Parts for sale

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                                i thought i posted this somewhere already?

[img]http://****.com/pics/hooking-up-fogs.jpg[/img]
                                ok i'm hoping someone can brake this down for me barney style.
                                the plugs that goes to the switch
                                a is a blk wire
                                b is a blue wire
                                c is red/yellow
                                d is red/blk
                                e is red/white

my aftermarket wiring harness
                                has 1 red wire 1 blk wire 1 white wire

now which wire goes to what thanks
                                Freedom Is Not Free
                                U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment