Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question:Turn signals to fog lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question:Turn signals to fog lights

Hey guys I'm new here but I've been around anon for a while now and let me start off by saying I LOVE THIS PLACE !

Okay so anyways I learned that its difficult to get a pair of oem fog lights for cb7 and that there's a DIY on this site turning your turn signals into fog lights.

My question now is can I mount clear turn signals below the turn signals already have on the car and wire it so it'll look like I have legit fog lights? Would there be any modification to put a set of turn signals below the original turn signals like drill holes to the bumper?

I've honestly never took out my turn signals before so I was wondering how it would be mounted. Thanks guys !

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...er+lights+fogs

Here you go . Good luck bud.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

It's going to function more like a parking light than a useful fog light if you do decide to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
        yeah i read that awhile back but what I was going for is putting another set of clear turn signals under it. so it'll look like fog lights and modding the light part so I can put some HID in it. I don't know if its possible to even mount another set of turn signals. I have a stock bumper. I'm sorry for not describing it well lol.

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
        It's going to function more like a parking light than a useful fog light if you do decide to do it.
        really? well what i was thinking is getting clears and sanding them and putting HID. Its just a thought i don't even know if its practical.

Comment

There's a guy around here with a 91 sedan it has 92-93 bumper lights in place where the 90-91 bumper lights should be and moved the 90-91's to the bottom like fog lights.

Comment

I would love to know how he did it. What do you guys think of it ? I don't want to add it to mines and then later on I'll get criticize.

Comment

the biggest issue you are gonna have is mounting the extra bumper lights.
              the bumper is made to house the oem fogs, to mount an extra set of turn signals you are gonna have to get creative, maybe even drill additional holes.

just be sure you know what youre doing before you start hacking up your bumper.

after that, making them function is a whole other thing. I wouldnt suggest aftermarker bumper lights because they are not meant to house a bulb that is constantly on, the plastic is weak, and will melt.

hope this helps
              My MRT

Comment

Oh I see didn't think about the melting factor hah

Comment

Originally posted by wendell808 View Post

really? well what i was thinking is getting clears and sanding them and putting HID. Its just a thought i don't even know if its practical.
                  That won't work. Not only will putting HIDs into the bumper lights be even more blinding and dangerous than putting them in your headlights, as there is no cut off shroud, you will melt the lens after a few minutes of the light burning because the temperatures are so hot.

Your best bet is to just do the turn signal mod, which turns your bumper signals into both running lights and turn signals, by adding an 1157 bulb and socket into it and splicing a power wire from your corner light.

This way you don't have to add a second pair of lights under your signals, and just use your existing lights for both running and signal functions, which is the same effect you'd be getting by adding a second pair of bumper lenses with a constant running light in them.

Signal mod shown here. Corner lights and bumper lights are both illuminated in both parking light and headlight functions.
                  Last edited by crazymikey; 08-08-2012, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wendell808 View Post
                    My question now is can I mount clear turn signals below the turn signals already have on the car and wire it so it'll look like I have legit fog lights?
                    You can't. They will never look like OEM foglights. Save up your money and buy a real pair, you'll be glad you didn't hack up your bumper for something that would look like shit anyways.

Comment

Thanks guys ! Sorry for the late reply. Busy with work.

Modding the turn signals and parking lights sounds like a good idea. I'll try it out see if I like it or not. Thanks !

Comment

If you are looking for fog lights you could also try the hella h3 oe replacement fog light bulb. This are products that comes with a DOT and SAE approved lighting. It also offers extra visibility during rain fog and snow so the fog blinding wouldn't be much of a nuisance.
                        Last edited by MasJohnson; 10-28-2012, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X