No announcement yet.

EXT: Wiring JDM Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=jsinger]As far as I know, no it doesn't matter. That or I just got lucky the first try on all four plugs. If you discover otherwise, just switch the terminals.
    ok thanks, i'll try it!
    Drivin a Yota now, The CB7 is still for sale.
    Don't kinfe when you can BLOW THEIR FACE OFF with an M1014!
    Always playin Camp Of Duty: Lagfire 2!

Comment

Originally posted by JDMHondaGuy
      Dose it matter witch wire goes in where in the sockets?... I wasen't sure if it mattered or not.
      Btw, Great DIY!
      the H4 lowbeams are bulbs with 3 pins, but only 2 are used... as long as you are using the correct two (which isnt an issue if youre using the stock JDM plugs that came with the JDM headlights) then no, it doesnt matter if you swap wires around.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

thas a badass diy josh props, i still wanna see the cb bro.
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
          the H4 lowbeams are bulbs with 3 pins, but only 2 are used... as long as you are using the correct two (which isnt an issue if youre using the stock JDM plugs that came with the JDM headlights) then no, it doesnt matter if you swap wires around.
          Sweet! I got em' to work, thanks for ur help!
          Drivin a Yota now, The CB7 is still for sale.
          Don't kinfe when you can BLOW THEIR FACE OFF with an M1014!
          Always playin Camp Of Duty: Lagfire 2!

Comment

nice

Comment

i bought this easier and cheaper imo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._BIN_Stores_IT

Comment

Originally posted by ap716
                i bought this easier and cheaper imo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._BIN_Stores_IT
                Hmm. Yup. Definitely cheaper and more user-friendly. I never thought to check eBay. I just wanted to get the parts and make my own. I'm still happy I made my own though.

SUV lights now makes conversion harnesses like the one I made, but I think they are more than the ones in that eBay acution. They didn't have them when I made this DIY.

So I guess for the people that don't want to make their own and save some money, ebay is your friend.
                RIP:
                1993 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2005-2007]
                1994 Honda Accord LX 5spd Sedan [2001-2004]
                Currently daily:
                1990 Honda Accord EX 5spd Sedan [2012-Present]

Comment

quick question since there are 2 sockets for the usdm corner lights what are we suppose to do?

Comment

It's a personal choice. U choose whatever you want. But if you want to do as intended; then, connect it to the one that stays constant (when park is on) and doesn't blink. In others words, U connect it to the parking lights. If U do that just make sure Ur bumper lights work (so U don't get a ticket for no turn signal).

Na Lobi Bien Mua Café Mua Café Oyo Na Meli Elingi Ko Bima. J'aime les Madesu ya Mpembe que du Poulet!!!

Comment

Does anyone have a picture of the H1 connecter? My jdm headlights didn't come with any bulbs or connections, so I was wondering what it looked like.

Comment

i totally didnt even think of doing it that way. it makes so much sense to do it
                        that way. i gotta do this in the next little while i just need to get my hands
                        on some h1 and h4 conectors and bulbs

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
                          Does anyone have a picture of the H1 connecter? My jdm headlights didn't come with any bulbs or connections, so I was wondering what it looked like.
                          ok, so I found some terminals that go onto some speakers that fit perfectly onto the H1 bulb, so do I just hook up both the positive and negative into this terminal?

I also tried test fitting my new H1 bulbs into the headlights and the clip doesn't hold it in place, is there some type of cover that goes over the bulb before the clip is attached?

Comment

What does the third one wire to, the black one? the one that is on the high beam.

Sold as of 12-16-06

My Ride
                            DIY: Painting E-Brake Button

91 Honda Accord Coupe EX F22A4 5-speed

Comment

i just soldered all the same colored wires together (cheapo permenate way) and put the wires together on the corners

current cb 93 10th ann. edition

member ride thread >>> http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...73#post3257973

Comment

JDM lights wiring help...pls

Hi, i'm having prob see the pic step for the Wiring JDM Headlights in the DIY section and have trying everything to get around the Red X place holder on the site. If someone how have it in word or something that could email it to me. Thanks in Adv 4 any help.

Comment

Working...
                                X