Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

jdm engines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does an H23a have high compression?

Comment

[edit] H23A1
      The H23A1 was an increased-stroke, non-VTEC version of the H22a, designed for the North American and UK market 1992–1996 Honda Prelude Si. It shared the same Fiber Reinforced Metal (FRM) cylinder wall liners with the H22a.

Specifications

Bore × Stroke: 87.0 mm × 95.0 mm (3.43 in × 3.74 in)
      Displacement: 2,258 cc (137.8 cu in)
      Valve Configuration: DOHC, 16 valves
      Type: In-line 4 cylinder, aluminum block and head
      Compression ratio: 9.8:1
      Max power: 160 hp (119 kW)
      Max torque: 163ft·lbf (207 Nm)
      Redline: 6500 rpm
      Engine Control System: Honda Systems PGM-FI with port fuel injection
      Valve Gear: belt-driven dual overhead cams, 4 valves per cylinder
      90 Accord DX H22/LSD Swap DD
      01 S2000 Silverstone
      90 Civic DX K24/K20 ~ Track Whore To Be!

~TeamDOHC.org Join Today~
      http://teamdohc.org/forums/index.php

Comment

some good info in this thread
        props to the members who contributed

Comment

google is an amazing feature to the internet!
          01 S2000 Silverstone

Comment

Originally posted by Cmqqn85 View Post
            [edit] H23A1
            The H23A1 was an increased-stroke, non-VTEC version of the H22a, designed for the North American and UK market 1992–1996 Honda Prelude Si. It shared the same Fiber Reinforced Metal (FRM) cylinder wall liners with the H22a.

Specifications

Bore × Stroke: 87.0 mm × 95.0 mm (3.43 in × 3.74 in)
            Displacement: 2,258 cc (137.8 cu in)
            Valve Configuration: DOHC, 16 valves
            Type: In-line 4 cylinder, aluminum block and head
            Compression ratio: 9.8:1
            Max power: 160 hp (119 kW)
            Max torque: 163ft·lbf (207 Nm)
            Redline: 6500 rpm
            Engine Control System: Honda Systems PGM-FI with port fuel injection
            Valve Gear: belt-driven dual overhead cams, 4 valves per cylinder

NO I was asking about the H23A JDM vtec. I think it comes out of a CH9/CL2 Accord Wagon. But I didnt know they had'em for North American and UK market. would you happend to know specs on that motor?

Comment

I found this...

ENGINE
              Displacement, cc: 2258
              Engine model: H23A
              Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm: 200 ps (147.10 kw) / 6800 rpm
              Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm: 22.5 kg*m (220.65 N*m) / 5300 rpm
              Power density: 7.15
              Engine type: Water cooling serial 4 cylinder DOHC16 valve
              Engine information: VTEC horizontal ranging belt driving
              Fuel system: Electrically controlled gasoline injection system (HONDA PGM-FI)
              Turbocharger: No
              Fuel type: Unleaded premium gasoline
              LEV system (Low emission vehicle): No
              Compression ratio: 10.6
              Bore, mm: 87
              Stroke, mm: 95
              Final gear ratio :
              Fuel consumption at 10-15 modes, l/100km: 8.7
              Fuel consumption at 60 km/h, l/100km

But on another web site, an actual distributor est the HP to be around 230. IDK if thast true or not...
              01 S2000 Silverstone

Comment

thats the JDM H23A VTEC. its a blue top engine. that does need premie.

i dont think its a matter of CR, but to find out if your pistons are dish, flat, or dome. my f20a dohc jdm, is -4cc roughly, to me this is close enough to flat and i run 93 octane in it. anything flat or dome needs premium gasoline. anything dish can run 87. if you figure out your piston cc, you can make a determination for yourself what octane level you want to run.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

just to add for piston volume and such...here is Cisco's engine calculator which i use heavily...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ine+calculator

you type in all your specs such as bore, stroke, head volume, hg thickness, and whatever the stock CR is of the engine...at the bottom it will spit out piston cc's. if its neg which a stock f22 should be -15 or close to it, then you can run 87 gas. anything close to zero or positive, i would run 93. just my opinion, its all up to you.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

Nice addition ^^ with the link
                    01 S2000 Silverstone

Comment

I thought you had to run the H23A with premium because of the high compression.

!thanks Cmqqn85 with the specs!

BTW, bagoon316, yeah F'ing great tool with the Cisco Calc!!!!!

Comment

i woudl put a h22a motor onmy future CB7
                        *BambooPerfomance*JDMKings*Squadron1*BBSquad v.2*ImportZona*

Comment

Originally posted by blacksedancb7 View Post
                          in my area they have 100 octane at this gas station down the street pretty illegal but they keep it low cause u have to say a code to get that gas. cost like 8 dollars a gallon.... runs like your in heaven ...forealz
                          Here in the UK we can get 99 octane from Tescos which is a supermarket food store, and 97 in mosts pumps, 95 is the normal stuff. The 99 is only a few pence more than the 97 if not the same in some places.

Makes a difference for me anyway when i put it in.

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
                          UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
                          NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Originally posted by BLUBB2 View Post
                            Why are you guys running such high octane? Unless you got some crazy NA build,running nitrious or boosted,anything over 91 is pointless.

Just my .02 cents
                            because around here they offer 87,89, and 93. 91 is unheard of around here. you guys outwest get screwed with that one for some reason. I dont know about up north, but i know every gas station here has those choices, couple of gas stations offer 100 octane but they only let you put it in a container, not your vehicle.

Originally posted by jdm_inspired View Post
                            I run 91 octane and it runs fine. I should honestly run a higher octane but California only offers 91 in common gas stations. Octane booster might help, but I'm a little skeptical about those types of products. I wonder if they actually work or have an effect.

Anyway, 87 would be too low. Your car wouldn't run as efficient as it should.
                            Stick with 91 and above.
                            i've done a little research on octane boosters, and from what i've seen they if you buy the best one you can find, it boosts octane by about 1 point. But in a literal since, yes they work.

Comment

personally i wouldnt throw cheap gas in even if the car was bone stock i feel like i push my car 2 much and usaully it doesnt ever give me problem so when it asks me for gas i gotta give bak 2 her and give he the best not 2 mention its only 3 cent difference might as well

Comment

Working...
                              X