engine keep running.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine keep running.

hey guys anybody know what causes my 90 LX sedan not want to cut off.
    the car chank up and run fine,i turn off the switch and pull the key out,the engine keep running.

so i went to a JY and got a switch harness and tried that,it did no good what could it be that not letting the engine cut off.its a 5 speed so i have to choke it off and loosen the battery cable.

An ignition switch in sad shape, that's what it sounds like to me. Mine's starting to getting really touchy, and if it's the "on" position and I knock the keys with my knee it will get switched to "acc".

life is good.

Comment

I agree with ignition switch, if you're car wiring is stock.

If your car had a remote car starter install prior and wiring is still there, I would inspect that as well.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
        I agree with ignition switch, if you're car wiring is stock.

If your car had a remote car starter install prior and wiring is still there, I would inspect that as well.
        my car has stock wires,no remote starter.it started doing it a few weaks ago not cutting off .then it came back.the switch feel fine thats why i replace the switch harness.that don't work.everybody having problem starting there car,mines want cut off.

Comment

could it be the main relay going bad not cutting off the engine or fuel pump.

Comment

but the ign switch controls the power for the main relay.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

http://www.*********.com/gbproducts/...**+Google+Base
              ^Maybe?

life is good.

Comment

just fixed the little problem i had with my CB not cutting off.as i checked out the key switch and harness,all was fine.so i took out the main relay,then i found three wires in the relay harness had black tape on them.
                untape the wires and saw three bear wires tape together causing a short.just saved myself $300.00.

Comment

Well you just taught me how to do remote start! Hahaha

Comment

Working...
                  X