Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A sad reminder of the risks we take working on our cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A sad reminder of the risks we take working on our cars.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...ic=785922&st=0

Paul was changing the diff on his S2000. From what it looks like, Paul only had the back of the car on jack stands. We think the car shifted or rolled forward causing the jack stands to be kicked out allowing the car to fall on Paul. The weight of the car collapsed one of his lungs and he was suffocated. He then lost consciousness, lost pulse and stopped breathing.
    Be careful out there!

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

wrong link?

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post
      wrong link?
      woops, fixed.

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

wow.

Comment

crazy...............1 little mistake and your gone............I usually try to throw two wheels under there also with the jack stands..

Comment

Wow, that's really sad.

I do the same. I always try to have something else under there just in case. Usually fully supported on stands, with the jack still in place, steelies underneath, and something blocking the wheels to keep it from rolling.

It only takes one stupid mistake, though. This guy could have been careful every other time, and this time he was in a hurry... Every time you didn't get hurt means nothing to the one time you do. It's a shame someone lost his life to his hobby and a stupid mistake I hope that never happens to anyone on here!

Comment

Im always really nervous about jacking up only part of the car. Well any of the car for that matter unless its evenly held up by a hydraulic jack at school

Comment

Man, thats really sad to hear about..

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

thats terrible, i hope his family is coping ok. i dont know what else to say, sucks when freak accidents like that happen.

Comment

awwwe damn r.i.p he should have put the rims under the car too just incase too. It sucks to go out like that but atleast he went out doin what he loved.

Comment

Very sad to hear that yet scary. I get under my car alot and thats one thing i always think about. Everyone else be safe. respects to the man and his family

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                      When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

That's really terrible. I can only imagine the things going through your mind at that point.
                        Finally Up and Running. Numbers to Follow. Check my MR

Comment

That's horrible, prayers to him and his family.

Jackstands, and wheelchock. E-brake, and first gear/reverse depending.

Safety comes first.

life is good.

Comment

That's really sad. I always think about things like that when I'm under my car. Scary thought.

He's in a better place now though...

[ My Car Domian ] - [ My Members Ride Thread ] - [ Facebook ]

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
                            aww_shiet
                            91accordexr33

Comment

Man thats really tragic. IIRC it happened to a 19 year old kid last year as well. Working on his Prelude and the jack stands kicked out from underneath him.

R.I.P
                              Henry R
                              Koni/Neuspeed
                              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Working...
                              X