Unique Surging Problem. No Luck With Google

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unique Surging Problem. No Luck With Google

i have a 96 honda accord ex vtec all original automatic. at start up the car would crank over and quickly set on 700-800 rpm and i think it's PERFECT. idle real smooth. when i turn on the a.c the idle drop a little so i tighten the throttle cable a lil bit, turn offt he a.c and the rpm rise to 1,000. clean the EGR port to the intake manifold, snug the FITV since it was loose. clean the IAC valve and still no luck. i try blocking the hole off with a piece of cardboard, same result.

my problem is whenever im in the 1,250-1600 RPM range i get a surge in any gear. as long as i stay out of that range im fine. help?
    DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

i pull a engine scanner and i get p0113 and p1508.

p0113 = IAT SENSOR
    p1508 = Intake air control valve

these are the only codes i have. the IAT sensor broke back there i need to replace and the IACV doesnt seem to be doing it's job. i filled her up with carb cleaner and it hold the water in no leak. installed everything back and plug her up same result. could a bad IACV cause these symptoms im having?
    DEFJAM

MY RIDE ON CB7 DEFJAM on 93

Comment

yes. the valve meters the amount of air allowed to bypass the throttle plate and it may be stuck or just plain dead. and get that IAT sensor fixed as soon as you can.

Originally posted by kc8enb07
      does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

Working...
      X