Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a 92-93 door trim guard fit on a 90-91 door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a 92-93 door trim guard fit on a 90-91 door?

Hi Everyone,
    So as you all know from the title i would like to know if i can put a matching trim piece from a 92/93 on this stupid 91 door(previous owner put this door on). If i do will there be any gaps? like will the body lines still flow?

Thanks
    Anthony :P

9293 mouldings will fit on the 9091 door with no problem or gaps what so ever

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

I just put a complete set of 92-93 door protectors on my 90. I suggest you get a couple extra of the center clips. There is a unique clip at the front and a stud and nut at the rear end (unfortunately, the stud usually breaks off when trying to remove the nut), then holes for three intermediate clips; a new factory protector comes with only one intermediate clip. If you are going to get a used one, keep in mind that the clips can be released from inside the door, and that the top and bottom edge of the protector are adhered to the body with double sided tape.

Edit: Sorry, just saw the arrow, you're talking about the rear door. I'll leave the above info for those inquiring about the front doors. The rear door protector has just three clips that can be released from inside the door (same number of clips/holes for 90 through 93). They also have the double sided tape. If you can get a used one off intact and carefully remove the remains of the tape, 3M double sided tape can be used to reinstall it. Getting the old protector off is difficult. Tape heavily around the protector to protect your paint before trying to cut through the adhesive strips. Once removed, you have to remove the remnants of the tape from the car; I couldn't find anything that would dissolve the adhesive. Adhesive remover softened it some, then I used a wooden scraper made from a paint stick to scrape it off without gouging the paint much. I didn't have to be too careful because I was having the car painted and was installing new protectors.
      Last edited by Fleetw00d; 11-24-2012, 03:58 PM.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
      X