Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overheating driving me insane!!!

Hi Everyone,
    So i'm on my first drive ALONE(got my p1's), and my car starts overheating so i get to the nearest highway and floor it to cool it off. Anyway my car has a New radiator, Hose kit, New coolant x 2, New Thermostat x2 and new fan and temp sensors. No its not the gauge can smell it and feel it, gets so hot the hood and frame is boiling. I have noticed it overheats usually when 1 fan only comes on(RIGHT HAND SIDE FAN), any ideas guys? Does it have anything to do with me having no gas in my a/c system? ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT
    Thanks
    Datazoo

Rad cap?

Comment

Water pump is getting lazy. Mine does this but only when i wait in gear for a long time. It never goes all the way up to hot but it goes up half way to hot.
      10th Anniversary Accord.
      05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Originally posted by 10thAnnivCB7 View Post
        Water pump is getting lazy. Mine does this but only when i wait in gear for a long time. It never goes all the way up to hot but it goes up half way to hot.
        New one a year ago :/ for the same issue

Comment

Usually its a bad radiator cap or Thermostat worse comes to worse you have a bad water-pump or head-gasket going bad.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Yea then just try an OEM rad cap and an OEM thermostat. I knowthe other ones are cheap but the OEM one is what should be in there.
            10th Anniversary Accord.
            05 Audi A4 Ultra Sport 6MT.

Comment

Remove rad cap and watch for continuous bubbles. If yo do have continuous bubbles then you have a bad head gasket . Might be a good idea to do a leak down test .
              this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
              How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
              Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by Accord problems View Post
                Remove rad cap and watch for continuous bubbles. If yo do have continuous bubbles then you have a bad head gasket . Might be a good idea to do a leak down test .
                make sure the car has cooled down before you take the radiator cap off. don't need a trip to the emergency room with sever over heating of the skin (aka burns) to add to your troubles

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Did you bleed the air out of the cooling system?
                  Mine Did this and it was the thermostat. You said you replaced the fan. Which fan? one is for the A/C.
                  Also did you replace all the hoses? I did and one of them little bitches in the back got kinked bc they didn't have the premolded hose At the auto parts store. It looked fine cold but when it got hot it kinked off the flow.

steve

Comment

You may check the fluid levels as well. I was just dealing with this issue (among other things) and my issue went away after that. I even let it sit for while to make sure.
                    The CB7 Collector.
                    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                    92 LX Coupe F22A1
                    2013 Toyota Corolla S
                    92 EX Sedan F22A1
                    Originally posted by deevergote
                    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

If all fails start checking relays and fuses . we need to if both fans are comeing on . And if you have no refrigerant in the ac unit it will not come unless it is malfunctioning or hooked up wrong thoughs not properly cooling the system . Also if you floor it to cool it down you could blow up your engine. Trust me I did when mine over heated . Just pull over let it sit till fan turns off .
                      When you get home and turn it off does your fan come on even though temp reads normal ?
                      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Originally posted by thedatazoo View Post
                        Hi Everyone,
                        So i'm on my first drive ALONE(got my p1's), and my car starts overheating so i get to the nearest highway and floor it to cool it off. Anyway my car has a New radiator, Hose kit, New coolant x 2, New Thermostat x2 and new fan and temp sensors. No its not the gauge can smell it and feel it, gets so hot the hood and frame is boiling. I have noticed it overheats usually when 1 fan only comes on(RIGHT HAND SIDE FAN), any ideas guys? Does it have anything to do with me having no gas in my a/c system? ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT
                        Thanks
                        Datazoo
                        It sounds to me you need water pump replaced.

By any chance this engine was using water only for a log time. Maybe not by you but by previous owner(s)? I have seen a water pump that didn't have impellers due to rusting. If this is your case, missing or insufficient impellers require higher RPM to circulate coolant. Thus requiring you to floor it to keep cool.

Other time, I found a socket lodged in water pump housing causing a part of impellers missing/worn. This engine was not showing any sign of malfunction. But on your engine it is possible FOD is causing loss of efficiency of impellers.

Another thing to think about is the sufficient flow of cooling air. There's a condenser sitting in front of the radiator. If for some reason this condenser's not allowing air to flow through due to bent fins or debris, the radiator is not getting needed cooling air. Thus it needs you to floor it for more vehicle speed = more air speed= more airflow.

But, flooring cause more RPM, which creates more heat. So,,,,,,

I'm just thinking out loud,,,

Right side fan is a radiator fan. In order to cool the engine, one fan is sufficient. When the car is moving and have enough air flow to radiator, you don't need this fan to come on to cool the engine. If your A/C system is in working order, left (condenser) fan will come on as well when the A/C kicks in.
                        Last edited by oyajicool; 01-12-2013, 02:00 PM.
                        A&P-IA

Comment

He should also do a leak test correct? I've had this issue we're going faster cool the car down it was a blown head gasket.

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Yes, the blown head gasket is suspected as well.

If that is the case, he may see steam coming out of tail pipe with engine running.
                            He may feel a radiator hose is building pressure even the system is cold as the engine run.
                            He may see bubbles going across the radiator filler as the cap is off and cold engine is running.

And, of course, he can perform compression test, cylinder leak down test or block test to know if he has blown head gasket.
                            A&P-IA

Comment

Holy replies :P thanks guys (guess what i get for a week away).
                              Anyway its not a head-gasket, rad cap, rely, air in system or water pump all been tested. It only happen when the right side(passenger side) fan doesn't come on. hence why i have to find open road and floor it to get air moving (cools straight down). I never let it actually get to red to overheat as soon as i see it move near top line i pull over or go to an open road. Now my A/C system has extremely low gas causing it only to work when the gas is settled in the correct spot, does the fan have a safety switch if their is no gas? Because if i manually turn a/c on sometimes the fan engages and temp comes down drastically. Also when i turn the car off only 1 fan comes on (usually 2) or doesn't come on at all. Its fan related and i have no idea, the fan tests 100% so i have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X