OK! 4500 RPM. please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK! 4500 RPM. please help

i am a wear of are rev limit 6500. i am about 100% sure that is it.. question is i let my car idle and hit the rev limiter and it hits 4500 sometimes 4000 RPMS! what could it be.. i drive and it stops at like 5000 or 5500 no further. it feels like i have no horsepower.. my painter painted under the hood full paint job. so maybe he did not put something back right. or maybe he did not hook up a ground..

also i was told my ecu could be in limp mode. i am not throwing no code i put a pt3 ecu in it and still did the samething. out of a 92 in my ex i have the pt6 ecu. 4 those of u that dont know these codes.

any help would be great...... i had another post up about this i did not get very far with it. maybe i can get far with this one.... thanks everybody...
    www.myspace.com/spayellowaccord This is mine!
    www.myspace.com/autorevolution This is our car club!
    1. 1992 Spa Yellow Accord EX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
    2. 1992 Grey Honda Accord DX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
    3. 1992 ? Honda integra Xsi DA6 im so jdm i sleep on my right side.
    4. 1993 Black Honda Civic Hatchback. love my EH

If a timing belt job was done not long ago, you could have physical timing off. My bro's car had it off a tooth from Honda dealer job and it would only rev up to 5000 rpm and slowly make it to 5500 rpm max.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Um!!

Originally posted by HondaFan81
      If a timing belt job was done not long ago, you could have physical timing off. My bro's car had it off a tooth from Honda dealer job and it would only rev up to 5000 rpm and slowly make it to 5500 rpm max.

im not gonna say no its not that beacuse i dont know thats why im asking. but i do know that i did not have a timing belt changed and i have never heard of that before.

Comment

Originally posted by chicago
        i am a wear of are rev limit 6500. i am about 100% sure that is it.. question is i let my car idle and hit the rev limiter and it hits 4500 sometimes 4000 RPMS! what could it be.. i drive and it stops at like 5000 or 5500 no further. it feels like i have no horsepower.. my painter painted under the hood full paint job. so maybe he did not put something back right. or maybe he did not hook up a ground..

also i was told my ecu could be in limp mode. i am not throwing no code i put a pt3 ecu in it and still did the samething. out of a 92 in my ex i have the pt6 ecu. 4 those of u that dont know these codes.

any help would be great...... i had another post up about this i did not get very far with it. maybe i can get far with this one.... thanks everybody...
        you better hope they didnt swap your engine for a blown one..
        .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Originally posted by Dom
          you better hope they didnt swap your engine for a blown one..
          If it was blown I am pretty sure he would have found out. Could be something small as in something in the dizzy or just something not hooked up. Timing can play a role but I would look at the easy stuff first.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
            If it was blown I am pretty sure he would have found out. Could be something small as in something in the dizzy or just something not hooked up. Timing can play a role but I would look at the easy stuff first.

um yeah i would have known if it was blown.. HAHA! so should i check my plugs wires and dizzy.. what just changed the dizzy. could it be a ground..

Comment

so this started happening right after you got a paint job?

Originally posted by kc8enb07
              does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

hmmm did u check ur distributer u say u hve a loss of power andit wont rev past 5500 rpm take a look inside of ur distributer look for worn or broken parts.

Comment

i wanna say kinda but i think it hapend before. its been along time...

i just got a cel today its 15 and 43. 15 is ignition out put signal. and 43 is fuil supply system. so does this have anything to do with the dizzy and um if not how do i fix this problem..

Comment

Originally posted by accord junkie
                    hmmm did u check ur distributer u say u hve a loss of power andit wont rev past 5500 rpm take a look inside of ur distributer look for worn or broken parts.

this is what me and my friend are comming to. thanks. im gonna try this..

Comment

Ah the infamous code 43...could be a number of things related to your fuel supply system. Fuel pump, fuel filter, injectors, and sometimes it can be the O2 sensor. Like Nail said start with the small things first then see what happens from there...g/l

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
                        Ah the infamous code 43...could be a number of things related to your fuel supply system. Fuel pump, fuel filter, injectors, and sometimes it can be the O2 sensor. Like Nail said start with the small things first then see what happens from there...g/l
                        i thank you a hole hella lot 4 that to me and my buddy also said o2 sensor. but we did not know 4 sure about all the fuil stuff..

thanks again guys. and keep hitting me with info.. ideas.

Comment

Working...
                        X