Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22a1 no start PLEASE HELP ASAP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a1 no start PLEASE HELP ASAP

i put a new dizzy new coil and still no spark it had an alarm system but took it off . the guy i bought it from told me that sum one stole the radio and cause the car not start

uuuuuummmmmmmmmm help please

Comment

Originally posted by thguyonthecouch View Post
      the guy i bought it from told me that sum one stole the radio and cause the car not start
      It sounds like a fuse burnt causing the car not to start,it sounds absurd tho. Still have you looked for any burned fuse???

Comment

Have you checked the fuses yet?
        Did you put in a new or 2nd hand dizzy?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Hi

Just curious does it try to start? (AKA does it turn over)

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

it turns over yes an its a re man dizzy keeps throwing a IGNITION OUTPUT SIGNAL code 15 and all the fuses are good

Comment

its a 93 prelude fyi its not my car im trying to help a frien but it has h22a1 aem cam gears+ p/s and alt aem fuel rail aem cai dc headers i think thats it nothing motor wise.
              Last edited by thguyonthecouch; 02-06-2010, 11:30 PM.

Comment

i dont know what a dizzy coil is but i have come across no start problems with the accord and it could be distubtor or main relay faulty

Comment

Originally posted by McRae View Post
                  i dont know what a dizzy coil is but i have come across no start problems with the accord and it could be distubtor or main relay faulty
                  main rely is for the fuel pump dizzy is the distributor and a coil is idk a coil pack

will a f22 fuel rail work on an h22???
                  Last edited by thguyonthecouch; 02-06-2010, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Just curous

I am just asking this to be sure, but how did you check to make sure that ignition is your issue (how did you check for spark) ?

Assuming you checked correctly, my first guess is igniter.

When did this problem begin, was it working before hand and suddenly just turned off and wouldn't start, or was it sitting and modified, and now it won't start?

Comment

im with getto cb7 we need more info

h22a4+p2u5 trans+8000rpm= 135mph in 4 gear

Comment

[QUOTE=thguyonthecouch;2417055]main rely is for the fuel pump dizzy is the distributor and a coil is idk a coil pack

will a f22 fuel rail work on an h22???[/QUOTE

that might be right but i have had a couple car that would not start turn over great but had no spark so change distubor and still not start change main relay under dash two 10mm bolts holding up box with on plug to bottom of dash and starts up first turn of key may not be call main relay but that is what i was told it was called

Comment

Main relay

That is because it is called the main relay...

Anyway, it is easy to tell if fuel is your issue, just to be sure you can take the bleed nut off of the fuel rail, make sure to put towels around the rail area to catch fuel. Have a friend turn the car to acc and look for fuel, it should literally be fountaining out of the bleeder hole.

If nothing, or less then that have them actually crank it and look for additional fuel.

If you do not have a fountain fuel is your issue, you could also get a fuel pressure gage from harbor freight, use it then return it, lol.

If fuel is the issue, then the first thing I would look at is the main relay, then fuel filter.

Comment

idk my friend bought the car as is not running the guy said it was his daily until some one stole the cd player... i have a spark plug that has a clamp that clamps to the ground to check for spark i put the coil in my cb7 and it worked fine

Comment

has fuel no spark

Comment

Working...
                              X