Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Note for us going from A1-4 to A6 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will try that out tonight.
    Take a look at my MRT!! Thanks
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=186609

Comment

I hope reviving a thread isn't taboo, but this notion of the engine holding RPM after I let off of the accelerator is something I'm experiencing as well.

I have a stock F22A1 w/ 5 speed manual transmission (H2A5 I believe; whatever comes stock with a 1991 Accord LX Coupe), and whenever I let up on the accelerator at shift time, the engine will hold RPM for a second or so. When I first got the car, the throttle plate was catching on the inside of the throttle body (causing me to have to give too much throttle to break it loose); I cleaned the TB, adjusted the stop screw so the plate is perfect, and I also properly adjusted the TPS. That thing is a clean as a whistle now, and seems to be in perfect working order. It has always held the RPM after release, however, even before I fixed the sticking plate.

If the ECU is indeed different from an Automatic and a Manual, how can I tell which ECU I have? I have a PT3 in there right now, but how do I know if it's for an automatic or a manual?

--

I just took a look on Honda's eStore, and it looks like I found this out on my own. I'm sharing for you all:
      The 1991 Accord LX Coupe w/ 5 speed manual transmission comes with:
      37820-PT3-A03
      37820-PT3-L03

And the 1991 Accord LX Coupe w/ 4 speed automatic transmission comes with:
      37820-PT3-A53
      37820-PT3-L53 (this part is discontinued when I checked at the time of posting; 6/25/2012)

The ECUs are listed twice each, once for "KA: US Market Spec", and once for "KL: California Spec". That is, the PT3-A03 is listed for both the "KA: US Market Spec" and the "KL: California Spec", as well as the PT3-L03 (and the automatic ECUs as well). I don't know if this is a typo or system error: One might assume that the A in A03 is supposed to be the "KA: US Market Spec" (both have As), and the L in L03 is supposed to be the "KL: California Spec" (both have Ls), which seems logical. But, if one was to trust the eStore, then one would have to conclude that both ECUs are suitable for both markets, like most of the other parts. I'm sure someone on this forum knows, and I am willing to bet that the A03 (and A53) are US Market Spec, and the L03 (and L53) are California Spec, meaning that the eStore is in error listing both as suitable for both.

I don't have access to my car right now to check which ECU I have, but I will post up once I find out tomorrow.
      Last edited by reklipz; 06-25-2012, 02:15 AM.

Comment

I just checked; my ECU is part number 37820-PT3-A03, the manual transmission ECU. It's possible someone swapped the circuit board inside, but it's probably very unlikely, so I won't bother checking.

Comment

Working...
        X