FYI Bearings for F20A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI Bearings for F20A

So I found an F20A block at the junkyard a while ago and I snatched it. The other day my 180k+ F22A1 that has been starved of oil time and time again is now on its last leg and began to knock. So I am going to build a SOHC F20A. The full details of the build is the F20A block with balance shafts deleted, F22A1 head with a6 cam, a6 runners, functional IAB, IAB spacer, H23A plenum, and H22A TB. So I tore down the block and the bearings were tore up. Took the crankshaft to the machine shop and paid $112 to get it ground .25mm. So now I'm at the point of ordering bearings.

I have not been able to find main and rod bearings for the F20A. I asked the machine shop and they told me i could use B20 or A20 bearings. So I found the engine dimensions and compared them. So you can just use H/F Series 50mm main bearings, and B-series 48mm rod bearings. I am also building a turbo ls vtec, and compared the rod bearings of the F20A and B18A1. The bearings fit perfect with the tangs and oil holes in the same location. Of coarse I need undersized .25mm bearings.

Just wanted to share this information. Here are some pics. New OEM B18 vs. used OEM F20A.

Working...
X