Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

needs more power!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
    Then why does the voltage drop when the car is off?
    the voltage drops because the alternator is not charging it.

Comment

plus im not tring to talk trash about this mans system but pyle and visonik are not name brand products. when they say 4000 watts there only like 500 -600 rms. so a alternator is not necesary. belive me bro i got cars at the shop running 10,000 watts plus rms and yes i do use alternators on those cars. but on something this small its really not necesary. but if you feel you need it by all means install it. im just tring to save you some cash.

Comment

Originally posted by 90Haccord View Post
        I was running 3 Fosgate old school cheater amps. 2 RF 125.2s(500watts each RMS, not bullshit overrated watts), and 1 RF 225.2(900watts RMS). They were sucking power like crazy. They were using about 170amps worth of fuses.

Big 3 + alternator + optima battery = no problems.

Yea I only used 8 gauge, it was a 2-3foot run, 8 gauge will handle that fine. I left in the stock alternator to battery wire, I ADDED the 8 gauge in addition to it.

Been running this setup for 8 years, no problems at all. Same originial optima battery also.
        if the alternator runns everything why you running a optima battery? if the battery is only to back up the alternator wouldnt a autozone battery be fine?

Comment

an optima battery is ideal simply because it can handle being drained and recharged constantly way better than most batteries.

and 10,000 watts RMS, come on! i dont want to call you a liar, but im honestly doubting those kinds of numbers. That is just extreme and will only fall into the category of spl comps. And, DB drag racers usually do their own work and wouldnt need to bring it into a shop, so are you being serious?

Comment

Originally posted by hauler_asser View Post
            the voltage drops because the alternator is not charging it.
            wow.... i just re-read this. you might need to do some research. a battery isnt going to somehow miraculously produce more juice because its being charged. 12.5 volts is what a battery gives, it doesnt give more cause its being charged, its because the alt is providing more. turn your car on and it jumps to approx. 14 volts (14.3 on mine but wtv)

Comment

Originally posted by jcoleman_11 View Post
              wow.... i just re-read this. you might need to do some research. a battery isnt going to somehow miraculously produce more juice because its being charged. 12.5 volts is what a battery gives, it doesnt give more cause its being charged, its because the alt is providing more. turn your car on and it jumps to approx. 14 volts (14.3 on mine but wtv)
              x2
              plus im not tring to talk trash about this mans system but pyle and visonik are not name brand products. when they say 4000 watts there only like 500 -600 rms. so a alternator is not necesary. belive me bro i got cars at the shop running 10,000 watts plus rms and yes i do use alternators on those cars. but on something this small its really not necesary. but if you feel you need it by all means install it. im just tring to save you some cash.
              10kw? Using what brands/products? What kind of install..spl?...daily driver? Sorry about all the question, just curious.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

digital design amps and subs. look them up. there comp products. im not tring to proove myself im just like i said tring to save this man money and time. izent that what were supposed to be doing here?

Comment

an optima battery is ideal simply because it can handle being drained and recharged constantly way better than most batteries.

and 10,000 watts RMS, come on! i dont want to call you a liar, but im honestly doubting those kinds of numbers. That is just extreme and will only fall into the category of spl comps. And, DB drag racers usually do their own work and wouldnt need to bring it into a shop, so are you being serious?
                  SPECIFICATIONS

Series
                  Z

Input Sensitivity
                  0.2V - 8V

Variable High Pass Filter
                  ---

Subsonic Filter
                  10 Hz - 50 Hz at 24 dB/Oct

Variable Low Pass Filter
                  35 Hz - 250 Hz at 24dB/Oct

Clipping Display
                  LED

Tested Voltage
                  14.4V

Tested THD
                  1%

Model
                  Z1a
                  Z2-HV
                  Z2-LV

Cont Power at 4 ohm
                  1250W x 1ch
                  2200W x 1 ch
                  2500W x 1 ch

Cont Power at 2 ohm

4400W x 1ch
                  4600W x 1ch

Damping Factor
                  >450 @ 1 ohm
                  TBA
                  TBA

Cont Power at 1 ohm
                  5000W x 1ch
                  7700W x 1ch @ 14.4v
                  8350W x 1ch @ 14.4v

Cont Power at 4 ohm Mono
                  1250W x 1ch
                  2200W x 1ch
                  2500W x 1ch

Cont Power at 3 ohm Mono
                  ---
                  3300W x 1ch
                  3550W x 1ch

Dynamic Power
                  7072W x 1ch
                  12000W x 1ch
                  10000W x 1ch

Efficiency thru Output
                  >86%
                  >79% @ 12v
                  >81.2% @ 10v

Dimensions - mm
                  685.8 L x 304 W x 70 H
                  812.8 L x 304.8 W x 70.1
                  812.8 L x 304.8 W x 70.1

Dimensions - inches
                  27 L x 12 W x 2.76 H
                  32 L x 12 W x 2.76 H
                  32 L x 12 W x 2.76 H

Signal to Noise
                  85 dB
                  TBA
                  TBA

Shipping Weight
                  43 lbs
                  55 lbs
                  55 lbs

AND THIS IS JUST ONE OF THE AMPS IN THIS CAR. TRUST WERE THE BEST IIN CAR AUDIO.

Comment

OMG!! 8350W x 1ch @ 1ohm!! thats insane!!

Comment

DD is a beast when it comes to competition. I want to try one of their subs one day, when I get some money.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

if the alternator runns everything why you running a optima battery? if the battery is only to back up the alternator wouldnt a autozone battery be fine?

What in the fuck are you talkin about?

Didn't you just prove you are an idiot above by claiming the alternator doesn't run electronics hahahha

I used an optima battery b/c I wanted the best, just like I upgraded my ALTERNATOR in order to supply enough juice.

If you work in a car audio store, please give me the number and name. I'd like to warn them of your ignorance so they can save some cash on potential future insurance claims against you. CHRIST
                        90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
                        DIY ram intake
                        0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
                        stock alt rewound to 120amps
                        optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
                        fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
                        2004 Jeep Liberty v6
                        2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

Originally posted by 90Haccord View Post
                          What in the fuck are you talkin about?

Didn't you just prove you are an idiot above by claiming the alternator doesn't run electronics hahahha

I used an optima battery b/c I wanted the best, just like I upgraded my ALTERNATOR in order to supply enough juice.

If you work in a car audio store, please give me the number and name. I'd like to warn them of your ignorance so they can save some cash on potential future insurance claims against you. CHRIST
                          X2, i know there is no flaming in the beginner section, but you claim you work in a car audio shop yet you dont seem to know much. Trust me, im wrong sometimes and we are corrected, this is what this forum is all about, learning, but dont go giving advice on something you clearly know nothing about.

Comment

X2, i know there is no flaming in the beginner section, but you claim you work in a car audio shop yet you dont seem to know much. Trust me, im wrong sometimes and we are corrected, this is what this forum is all about, learning, but dont go giving advice on something you clearly know nothing about.

I'm not flaming anyone, I'm being dead serious. IF HE WORKS IN THE CAR AUDIO INDUSTRY, I'd really like to save him setting someone's car on fire b/c its obvious he doesn't know shit about electronics.

Not to mention he was jumping my shit and I wasn't even involved in his little pissing contest with other members.

Everybody is wrong sometimes, but that kid is giving out advice like he KNOWS something about electronics, which it is OBVIOUS he has no clue. Thats dangerous, plain and simple.
                            90 accord EX automatic F22A4 232,500
                            DIY ram intake
                            0gauge/4gauge BIG 3
                            stock alt rewound to 120amps
                            optima orange top 830cca 1030ca
                            fully synthetic valvoline "Max Life" 5w30

Other rides:
                            2004 Jeep Liberty v6
                            2001 Honda civic ex coupe 1.7 vtec

Comment

look this is the point ive been tring to make to you guys. he is not running anything huge. so no need to waist money and time on a alternator that is going to go bad more than usual. i dont kare who makes it it wil go out alot. a good battery in the front and a small one in the back with a battery isolator will do fine for his set up. BUT THATS JUST MY PROFETIONAL OPINION

Comment

I Havent Seen The Guy That Posted This Tread Post Anymore So Im Guessing He Took Care Of His Problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X