hooked up a surround sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hooked up a surround sound?

anyone ever hook up a surround sound to go with there ps3? mine is kinda old... but just asking first. any help will be great.

thanks!
    www.myspace.com/spayellowaccord This is mine!
    www.myspace.com/autorevolution This is our car club!
    1. 1992 Spa Yellow Accord EX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
    2. 1992 Grey Honda Accord DX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
    3. 1992 ? Honda integra Xsi DA6 im so jdm i sleep on my right side.
    4. 1993 Black Honda Civic Hatchback. love my EH

Not a PS3. But, I did through my XBOX 360.

What "help" are you needing?

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Upgrade your system and run audio optical. You can go 7.1 and won't be disapointed.
      Originally posted by chessboxer
      We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
      Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

my 5.1 is freaking ancient. I think its a Sharp. It ONLY has the Stereo inputs (Red/White).

I plugged my PS3 via HDMI into my TV, and plugged my TV into my surround sound system via stereo audio cable. Thankfully it has stereo out.

If your TV has that feature, its not bad at all. You dont want to spend the money for an optical cable unless you really have a high end, expensive surround sound system.

Yamaha FTW!

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
        Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
        NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_dcb7 View Post
          my 5.1 is freaking ancient. I think its a Sharp. It ONLY has the Stereo inputs (Red/White).

I plugged my PS3 via HDMI into my TV, and plugged my TV into my surround sound system via stereo audio cable. Thankfully it has stereo out.

If your TV has that feature, its not bad at all. You dont want to spend the money for an optical cable unless you really have a high end, expensive surround sound system.

Yamaha FTW!
          you can get an optical audio cable for like $5 off amazon, thats where i got mine.

My Members Ride Thread
          Originally posted by deevergote
          You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle View Post
            you can get an optical audio cable for like $5 off amazon, thats where i got mine.
            I didnt realize that. I always thought they were expensive. The ones that used to come in through my old job were. They were monster brand.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
            Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
            NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

I didnt realize that. I always thought they were expensive. The ones that used to come in through my old job were. They were monster brand.
              yeah the one i got is some no name brand, you can also get HDMI cables off amazon for extremely cheap as well, like less then $10 for 6 foot

My Members Ride Thread
              Originally posted by deevergote
              You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

Originally posted by mcdizzle View Post
                i grabbed like five of them at Gamestop for 99 cents a pop. i figured i could use them in the future. Currently they are under my bed still in the packaging.

Comment

The problem with that though is that you won't get true surround sound. Most tv's don't output surround either. You would think that tv's of today would output surround but they don't. I found this out the hard way not too long ago when i bought my lcd tv.

For most normal folks its safe to say that a cheapo 5$ cable will work perfectly fine. With the digital cables they either work or they don't there's no in between there. This goes for hdmi, optical, or digital coax.... Some extreme home theater enthusiasts will say otherwise but for regular folks its fine.

If your system is outdated then in order to use your ps3's optical out you could go out and buy a middle of the road home theater in a box for 250-350.

Comment

They were monster brand.
                    Monster = Overpriced BLING BLING wires

Comment

Ok?

Originally posted by Chrisisiced View Post
                      The problem with that though is that you won't get true surround sound. Most tv's don't output surround either. You would think that tv's of today would output surround but they don't. I found this out the hard way not too long ago when i bought my lcd tv.

For most normal folks its safe to say that a cheapo 5$ cable will work perfectly fine. With the digital cables they either work or they don't there's no in between there. This goes for hdmi, optical, or digital coax.... Some extreme home theater enthusiasts will say otherwise but for regular folks its fine.

If your system is outdated then in order to use your ps3's optical out you could go out and buy a middle of the road home theater in a box for 250-350.
                      so your saying i dont need to hook my surround sound straight to my tv and just let my ps3 play of my tv and the surround sound will pick it up.... your saying that will not be true surround sound? and the surround sound was givin to me im not trying to buy any new shit yet. so it will work for now lol. free is GOOD! o and my junk is a 5.1 also but mine is a sony but whatever... lol! and im really trying to get more sound anyway. my sound sucks on my RCA 1080p full hd
                      Last edited by chicago; 06-29-2009, 11:46 PM. Reason: IM DUMB!
                      www.myspace.com/spayellowaccord This is mine!
                      www.myspace.com/autorevolution This is our car club!
                      1. 1992 Spa Yellow Accord EX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                      2. 1992 Grey Honda Accord DX 5spd coupe. I <3 My CB'S
                      3. 1992 ? Honda integra Xsi DA6 im so jdm i sleep on my right side.
                      4. 1993 Black Honda Civic Hatchback. love my EH

Comment

Working...
                      X