Front 5 lug ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front 5 lug ?

Ok, I have been trying to find a company that would sale a 5 lug spindle for are cb's and just bolt up are rotor for no major mod to be done. Well I have had no luck. So I will be making a prototype 5 lug hub to see if it would work so far I can get it done but the splines are whats killing me. I would like feed back if anyone would be interested in this. The spindles would be made of 4130 or 4140
    Take a look at my MRT!! Thanks
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=186609

or u can find a RA1 odyssey and use that. using the bb6 non SH spindle wouldn't be that much more work either. unless u just plain out dont want to try at all.
    <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Ok so I can just buy a non sh spindle I do not need replace the hole arm? I whant to just Change out the spindle and use all the parts off are cb's.

Comment

u need rotors pads caliper and bracket..

Comment

Why would you want to use cb parts? To save money? Have you read the DIY front 5 lug conversion both the odyssey and all prelude way? Apparently not.

Converting to five lug the prelude or odyssey way not only gives the 5 lug option but you upgrade your brakes from vehicles with better stopping power and the rotor over hub. The Odyssey 5 lug swap is direct swap no modification needed which is why the majority of cb7tuners do it.

Trust me bro don't try to half ass this by saving a few bucks it's not worth it

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
          "2SIIC"
          Authentic Jerseys for sale
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

In no way was I trying to halfass it I was going to make custom spindles so all you had to do was replace bearings and put in the spindle I was making. I all ready have the wagon brakes on my cb , I have read those threads. I was trying to do this to make it cheeper but just as good no half ass here. But if it's not what people want then I will not try and make them.

Comment

The odyssey way is already as simple as it can be if the newbs think it's to hard then maybe it's best they don't attempt it... Everyone here on cb7tuner is here to help I wasn't trying to be a dick to you and I know you wanted to make it easier for other people but it's best you save your time and money coming up with a custom Hub

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
              "2SIIC"
              Authentic Jerseys for sale
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

It's ok that is why I was asking.

Comment

I think its a good idea for people on a tighter budget

If you could make a hub so that the only other thing you would have to buy is rotors then thats a great idea

1st gen Odysseys arent exactly plentiful in the junkyards so this is a great option to have

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz View Post
                    I think its a good idea for people on a tighter budget

If you could make a hub so that the only other thing you would have to buy is rotors then thats a great idea

1st gen Odysseys arent exactly plentiful in the junkyards so this is a great option to have
                    Yes that was my point. But it looks like people don't want it so I won't make them. I would need to make 40 sets to keep the cost down so that it will be much cheaper then the odysseys way and you could use your old rotor if it's still good just change out the bearing.

Comment

Yea that's right. I totally forgot, you don't have to swap rotors at all. I would even reuse the same bearing, i've done that numerous times even when they come apart with no noise issues at all

I can't believe im the only person that thinks this is a great idea

I understand that doing the Odyssey setup is like 3 upgrades instead of one. But this is way more cost effective if you just want 5 lug.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7dazz View Post
                        I understand that doing the Odyssey setup is like 3 upgrades instead of one. But this is way more cost effective if you just want 5 lug.
                        Its 3 upgrades in one but its because u have no other choice but to upgrade the shit.

Its a good idea. I would say most cats that do the five lug swap do it for looks and a better rim selection. The rotor upgrade and better stopping power and all that shit is secondary. Its not like dudes are racing there shit all around anyways so no need for bigger brakes and shit. Go ahead and try it out, I guarantee if this option was readily available than nobody would go thru all that bullshit with the Odyssey/Prelude swap when this way is entirely more easy.

Comment

So basically, what this option is designed to do is every last bit of work required to change your setup to ROH, then leave in your old rotors? To me, that sounds sorta like tearing apart your engine, replacing your pistons, but then re-using the stock rings, head gasket, and head studs. All this is doing is setting you up so that once your rotors go out, you have to do a ton of work all over again, rather than just doing it right the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
                            So basically, what this option is designed to do is every last bit of work required to change your setup to ROH, then leave in your old rotors? To me, that sounds sorta like tearing apart your engine, replacing your pistons, but then re-using the stock rings, head gasket, and head studs. All this is doing is setting you up so that once your rotors go out, you have to do a ton of work all over again, rather than just doing it right the first time.
                            No, i think what he is doing is just retaining all CB parts except for the 5 lug hub that you would swap in.
                            This way you get the 5 lug upgrade and the convenience of ROH without having to do brake upgrades. With this i believe he is doing it mainly for the apperance.
                            It will be a little more work than swapping an Odyssey knuckle (as simple as it is) but it may be good for some people that arent really into the performance aspect.
                            Last edited by nate'sCB7; 07-30-2011, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Except you don't get the convenience of ROH without brake upgrades this way... This is talking about re-using the same old rotor which goes behind the hub in an effort to avoid the brake upgrades.

Comment

Working...
                              X