Damaged cam and crank pulley from crank bolt coming loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damaged cam and crank pulley from crank bolt coming loose

I originally got my cb7 for free because the motor did not run. Found out that the key for the camshaft must have broke and valves got bent. I fixed the car and it has been okay for a while. I had to buy a new crank pulley at that time and have been dealing with the bolt getting loose numerous times. Eventually I brought the car to a buddies shop and we torqued the bolt to spec. Probably about six months later and after lots of miles, the bolt came loose again. I noticed from the noise it was making while delivering a pizza. I turned it off and tightened the bolt by hand which did nothing. Drove a couple hundred feet and the ps and alt/ac belts snapped. Had my brother bring me a 19mm and not the other tool and I was able to limp the car a couple miles home. Enough story, time for pics.

Here is the damaged camshaft and cog.

Here is the new crank pulley and key. You can still see some damage on the crankshaft. The old pulley looks more like the pic above.

I also dealt with the oil leak from that side. Thought it was my rear balance shaft because I already replace the cam, front balance shaft, and crank seals. Turns out that seal was not leaking and it was the crank seal again. So instead of an autozone seal, I got the redesigned one from Honda. Also had a spare little back plate to put on.

Pick n Pull did not have any f22a6s and the other junkyards here are closed on Sunday. With a new camshaft and using thread locker on the cam and crank bolts, should this motor be okay. Anyone have any advise? 180k miles btw
Working...
X