Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Floor mats? What should I get

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor mats? What should I get

I really need to get some better floor mats for my 92' accord. The current ones just slide around and don't keep the dirt on them. I want ones that fit and don't slide around. I'm thinking of getting Lloyds off car id that come with floor mounts. Anyone have a better floor mats then those for quality and price?

Head to the junk yard and grab some gen 5-whatever accord mat's. Bring them to a coin operated 'do it your self' car wash and pressure wash them. Let them dry and install. I'm personally running a set of tan gen 5 mat's, and they fit almost perfectly. I also picked up a set of black front winter mats from a gen 5 coupe . Most salvage yards will probably just laugh and tell you to take them at no charge. Oh, also, before you pressure wash them make sure you use your choice of all purpose , or degreaser cleaner. Simple green, LA's totally awesome, purple power, or whatever you want. Use a lot of product and brush it into the fibers, let it sit for roughly 5 minutes, then spray them down. Make sure and get very close to the mat's with the gun for best results. You may need to repeat these steps depending on how dirty they are. Some times floor mats are too far gone to even clean, so use your best judgment when picking mat's from the salvage yard. Hope this helps.
    For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 802cb7 View Post
      Head to the junk yard and grab some gen 5-whatever accord mat's. Bring them to a coin operated 'do it your self' car wash and pressure wash them. Let them dry and install. I'm personally running a set of tan gen 5 mat's, and they fit almost perfectly. I also picked up a set of black front winter mats from a gen 5 coupe . Most salvage yards will probably just laugh and tell you to take them at no charge. Oh, also, before you pressure wash them make sure you use your choice of all purpose , or degreaser cleaner. Simple green, LA's totally awesome, purple power, or whatever you want. Use a lot of product and brush it into the fibers, let it sit for roughly 5 minutes, then spray them down. Make sure and get very close to the mat's with the gun for best results. You may need to repeat these steps depending on how dirty they are. Some times floor mats are too far gone to even clean, so use your best judgment when picking mat's from the salvage yard. Hope this helps.
      That does help, maybe next time I go to the junk yard I will grab some!

Comment

Or if you want to spend $100, get a set of the WeatherTech mats. They fit great, don't slide around, and look good.

Comment

Originally posted by yazz View Post
          Or if you want to spend $100, get a set of the WeatherTech mats. They fit great, don't slide around, and look good.
          I second the WT mats, they are great.

Comment

They don't make them for our cars and likely will not unless we can get 1300 people signed up.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I'm sure others have noticed this, but I've noticed that pretty much every generation of accord mats fit in our cars. 4-current anyway. I detailed a brand new ish accord hybrid today and noticed that not much has changed as far as the mats go. Kinda neat actually. Good luck at the junk yard
              For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                They don't make them for our cars and likely will not unless we can get 1300 people signed up.
                http://www.weathertech.com/honda/1993/accord/
                They do have the floor mats, but sadly not the floorliners.

Comment

Very good info right here! I'd never guess, let alone try 5th gen Accord floormats. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Thanks for that link was looking to buy a set

Comment

4th gens are hard to come by nowadays

Comment

Did anyone ever measure and make a "drawing" of the dimension for the CB floormats ?

I have a company that makes them really good and they could make it only if i supply the dimensions

Comment

Originally posted by evalex View Post
                          Did anyone ever measure and make a "drawing" of the dimension for the CB floormats ?

I have a company that makes them really good and they could make it only if i supply the dimensions

Right on man. Could they make custom ones that say for example CB7? Or, accord EX in the honda font ?

Comment

Originally posted by 802cb7 View Post
                            Right on man. Could they make custom ones that say for example CB7? Or, accord EX in the honda font ?
                            They could, but only if i get them the proper dimensions.. The only downside to that is that i'm from Slovenia, so shipping to USA would probably be an overkill

Comment

Working...
                            X