Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Restoring Side Door Protectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring Side Door Protectors

i have tried to use BACK TO BLACK to restore the black but no luck. i am thinking about buying a pair or painting them.

does anyone know how to remove them? i read a thread to use a flat screwdriver to pry it off and on the same thread, it was easier to remove the inner door panel to push out the plastic clips.

i would like to hear your opinion.

This is a super simple job, pop off the door panel and pull the plastic sheeting out of the way, theres an 8mm nut at the end of the door that is almost definetly going to break. Once thats off theres a few clips that are easily popped out with a pointed nose pliers, the strips have double sided tape on them helping them stick to the door, take your time to pry the mouldings from the door otherwise theyll bend. Then its simple to paint them, very easy job, patience is key

Comment

Originally posted by ca93accord View Post
      i have tried to use BACK TO BLACK to restore the black but no luck. i am thinking about buying a pair or painting them.

does anyone know how to remove them? i read a thread to use a flat screwdriver to pry it off and on the same thread, it was easier to remove the inner door panel to push out the plastic clips.

i would like to hear your opinion.
      I've done this numerous times and I found that taping off the doors and using black plastidip worked like a champ.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I will try it. I will take some before and after pics. I am kind of leaning towards just taping and spraying it down. Beofore and after pics will be posted

Comment

You are probably better off doing it on the car. If you damage them trying to remove them; they are all (coupe and sedan/wagon) shown as "May have been discontinued" on Majestic's site so replacement isn't an option.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

are the side moldings plastic or rubber? has anyone tried to use a heat gun to restore the moldings to black? youtube doesn't have any examples of restoring side moldings with a heat gun.

Comment

I ended up having mine painted to match my car (phantom gray, so it wasn't a huge change in appearance!) I have yet to see a truly effective way of restoring them. Hopefully someone has a solution!

irishtony is spot on with the removal process. Those plastic clips tend to break, so be very careful. You used to be able to order new ones. I'm not sure if they're still available, though. I haven't looked in years. Also be sure not to crease them when prying them off the tape. I made that mistake trying to rescue a good set from a junkyard. So frustrating!

Comment

Working...
              X