No announcement yet.

FU Photobucket!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I forgot about ImageShack. I used to use them before PhotoBucket, too. But like a few of us are worried about, that puts Flickr (and any free image hosting site) at future risk as well. I'll be double-checking that all of my Flickr images are backed up on a HDD soon, for sure.

I'm looking around for reasoning behind the PB change, and someone commented on an article, saying

They did send an email on the same day but it went to junk. "You account has been restricted for excessive usage and 3rd(sic) party hosting."

Well, I can tell you for sure I am not an excessive user.
    I can't find anything about third party hosting at Flickr so far, but I'm looking (with them being tied to Yahoo, I'm having trouble finding TOS specifically for the part of Flickr revolving around the free hosting). These image hosting sites can't be cheap to run, so it is understandable that they have to make money somehow. I'm not a techy person, but I would think people using these hosting sites to post millions of photos on other websites can only be doing damage to their bandwidth.

From Imgur's TOS:

http://imgur.com/tos

Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.
    That's the best way to phrase things. What dicks!

Putting something together specifically for this forum is the only way to future-proof this issue.
    Last edited by CyborgGT; 07-03-2017, 05:38 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

We may have a solution in the works. There's some genius a-brewin'. With luck, it'll all work out.

Comment

Yes, [cp]mike's last post sounded very interesting!

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Yup. that would be said genius at work I forgot he posted about it on here!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            Were you using albums for these photos or just dumped into one folder on PB?
            I had individual albums.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I have just switched everything over to Flickr. They allow 3rd party image links as long as you add their tag content to your images, liking people back to the Flickr website. I'm OK with that.

Now starts the process of changing any relevant links. Took me all of 5 minutes to find and upload 500 of my most current images to Flickr. I will update older threads if people message me looking for images. I have all of my web images stored on my own HD. I have never trusted any of these sites to save them for me.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

So I have about 5-10 images on pb. They have not messed my "system" up yet. Should I go delete my images before the sue me for hot linking? Or am I sooooo far down the list they haven't gotten to me yet?
                Last edited by cb7 calling; 07-03-2017, 08:44 PM.
                ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

lol 5-10 images.... I think you'll be ok. They aren't suing anyone anyway.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

I know right. I opened it to post a few photos here and that's it. I just read the article ther sites fine print a few post ago and was like daaaaaang.
                    ......father in law has it back again. Time to shine

Comment

obligatory XKCD:

Last edited by cp[mike]; 07-05-2017, 12:06 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I am also suffering the wrath of Photobucket. $399 for a year to post pictures? Laughable. What host is everyone moving to?
                        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

I moved over to Flickr but I left one image behind in my Photobucket Account

[url=https://flic.kr/p/VSCfvY]by GhostAccord, on Flickr

Photobucket wouldn't even let me use the only image in my album as my avatar.... puts up the 3rd party link warning instead... buh bye!
                          Last edited by GhostAccord; 07-05-2017, 09:13 PM.
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
                              I have just switched everything over to Flickr. They allow 3rd party image links as long as you add their tag content to your images, liking people back to the Flickr website. I'm OK with that.
                              See, that's interesting. I may have to go back and do that with a bunch of pictures to avoid having any issues...

Comment

I think the $400 applies to folks with over a certain amount of content on the site, I am still sharing on my free account unless only I can see the pics I post
                                [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Working...
                                X