Clear All

Ralphie : 2011 Honda CR-V EX-L

Miles:
    Currently: 46,xxx

Engine/Trans:
    2.4L

EXTERIOR:
    Tango Red Pearl
    Aluminum Push Bar in Front, and rear bumper guard bar.

INTERIOR:
    LED light conversions

ICE:
    OEM Navi unit.

SUSPENSION:
    Stock

SHOES:
    Stock 17" Alloys

Future:
    Roof Raxxxx
    Fog lights(Why did they not include them on an EX-L????)
    Remote Start

Last edited by Ralphie; 08-25-2018, 11:32 PM.

OK so no more 2013 Accord lol.

We seem to trade cars in my family a lot lol.

Sister in law hated her car. Liked my Accord. In-laws were going to trade this CR-V in for a Subaru for the mother in law. Said id take the CR-V, give the sister my Accord, and then they could trade in her car for the Subi instead of this CR-V.

I had no dislikes of my Accord, but it was an i4 CVT, not a V6 6Speed, so no big loss.

IMO, I upgraded, as I now have a faithful AWD DD, with heated seats, LEATHER(How I missed it), and nav(which sucks, but its useful when I don't want to use my cell).

So whatever lol. As Im getting older, I want more and more to have a DD that is whatever and to hopefully pickup a 2nd car that is my fun car. Im torn on whether that should be a "nice" weekend car to go out on the town with the wife, or a full on project, but at least now I have a car thats good in lots of conditions, has a lot of storage space, and will be useful for outdoors activities.

Comment

Looks good man, I like the bumpers / push bars

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        Looks good man, I like the bumpers / push bars
        Thanks!

He put them on to protect the bumpers from NYC parking.

I kind of want to remove the rear one, because its pushed up against the body panels from people bumping into it.

Might readjust and replace the rusted hardware. Not sure.

Comment

Just did front brakes on this beast.

No other mods or repairs.

Over 65k miles now.

Holding on to her for a bit, but thinking I made trade in for a newerish Pilot or Ridgeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
            Just did front brakes on this beast.

No other mods or repairs.

Over 65k miles now.

Holding on to her for a bit, but thinking I made trade in for a newerish Pilot or Ridgeline.
            We just bought an AWD Pilot. I really like it, and I typically don't like SUV's. Not the sexiest thing on the road (I personally like the looks) but it is very practical and comfortable. I was surprised that the highway MPG was pretty decent too, especially considering the low mileage and AWD.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

The Honda Pilot will be our next vehicle we purchase as well. I actually love the new look, though at certain angles it looks like a mini van. But the features and space it has is awesome.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

I love out Pilot! Granted it's a 2nd Gen, I really dislike the looks of the new Pilot, it's just a slightly smaller Odyssey now, with the CR-V being the mini Odyssey. They all just look so similar now.
                MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

So many old people here Jeez.
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                    The Honda Pilot will be our next vehicle we purchase as well. I actually love the new look, though at certain angles it looks like a mini van. But the features and space it has is awesome.
                    That was the main thing we liked. I like the new look (though I prefer the pre-MMC style wise). The back seats are usable and pretty comfortable for adults, it has a lot of room, storage, and a lot of neat little details.

I do also really like the safety suite that is standard on the 2019, but some of the features I turn off.

Really decent performance for an AWD 4300lb boat too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                      I love out Pilot! Granted it's a 2nd Gen, I really dislike the looks of the new Pilot, it's just a slightly smaller Odyssey now, with the CR-V being the mini Odyssey. They all just look so similar now.
                      I personally like the way they look. There really is almost no difference between the Pilot and Odyssey, but you are right, it does look a little minivanish. However, since these are basically to the car scape what the minivan was to mine and the station wagon was to the generation before, I guess it is fitting. Plus, the practicality definitely makes up for it.

Comment

I had been toying with the idea of selling this to carvana lol and either getting a newer Pilot(like 2013 ish ) which would need me to put some $ on top, or a 2007ish Lexus LS460 LOL.

My coworker has one, and it is a helluva car. Loaded top to bottom(as it was originally an 75k car). Its such a nice ride and he gets 26/29 mpg consistently on his and its a fucking v8. 0-60 in 5 sec.

The LS goes for around 10k +/- depending on mileage.

I really don't want to daily drive an LS460, but it is a Toyota afterall.

The pilot is more practical for family/storage.

We take my car on roadtrips because my wife is leasing a 2019 RX350, and so cant rack up miles on that.

The LS would be a great roadtrip car because its super comfortable. Obv not as much storage, but with a 22 gal tank, Id get over 400 miles to the tank, and probably not as much with a 2013 Pilot.

Right now though, still rocking the CRv.

No plans as of yet.

Comment

Ralphie our '09 Pilot will usually get anywhere from 350-400 miles per tank depending on terrain and speed. I can't imagine the '13s getting worse mileage. It also doesn't have a 22 gallon tank, somewhere in the neighborhood of 18-19 gallons.
                          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                            Ralphie our '09 Pilot will usually get anywhere from 350-400 miles per tank depending on terrain and speed. I can't imagine the '13s getting worse mileage. It also doesn't have a 22 gallon tank, somewhere in the neighborhood of 18-19 gallons.
                            Oh ok, good to know!

My 2013 accord consistently got 28-35 mpg and I usually averaged 500 miles per tank. Definitely didn't have a 22 gal tank.

CVT is very helpful in that regard.

Comment

OUr 2019 is an EX-L AWD, so it has the 6AT instead of the 9AT and weighs a little more. Even while still in break in, I didn't have much trouble getting ~27MPG out of it on the highway at 70-75MPH and I wasn't doing anything special. It gets good highway MPG, but it definitely dips a bit in the city.

I'll let you know where it seems to be once it gets a few thousand more miles on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X