Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Drop Max?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop Max?

Im curious to how far sum people have been able to drop cbs without running into issues. I plan on going 17s MAX but more likely 16s. Plus I live in the south so no big pothole. And I live in the suburbs so no dirt roads. Im not looking to totally slam it and I've taken measurements and I think 2inches should b gud but id like to get sum opinions before I make the buy/install.... thanks much

Go 3in, I have no probs as of yet, its all about the streets and how cautious you are

Others have been super slammed. No point really cb7 tilidie is slammed to the max
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Thank you much. But now im sad all I can find are 2.25in drop kits lol

Comment

First of all, there's lots of choices out there.

You can go with the highly NOT recommended coilover sleeves and struts, which are guaranteed to either kill you, or someone in your vicinity on the road.

Lowering springs installed on stock struts. Not highly recommended, but most of the time you can get away with it.

Proper lowering spring/performance strut combo. Cost effective and safe.

Full coilover setup. Expensive and more race geared than street driven, but many of us run full coilover setups, since a good set can be had around $600, and is marginally more than a good spring/strut kit.

Always worth upgrading your suspension bushings as well. Then there's adjustable camber kits as well, and wheel spacers and all sorts of stuff to play around with for lots of adjustment.

Examples of drops;

1.75" drop on stock wheels. These are just lowering springs on stock struts. This setup has been on this car for almost 2 years.

Cheapo-going-to-kill-you coilover sleeves on stock struts. Way too freakin low. These did actually fail on me on the highway and nearly caused me to crash.

Comment

this is a 2.5 drop on oem 6 spoke 15s. might give you an idea how far you really want to go. just remember your downpipe will take a beating to dips and shit in the road when your really low.
          RIP 4/23/12...lets not forget, the 88" Z31 turbo, are my dailys

Comment

Thank you. Ya I didn't plan on lowering it yet but the struts are going out so I might aw well. Thank you again so much insight!!!!! Love it. Its my daily driver so im think 2.25 should b gud thanks guys and the pictures helped me get an idea of wht im looking for! Thank again! And also I've got a slider plate already installed to protect my downpipe. I recommend it
            Last edited by Grafikz; 10-10-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Good idea on the slider plate. You'll find depending on the drop, your front lip, downpipe, flexpipe or muffler will drag or get caught up sometimes.

Comment

this is a IDk drop well over 4in lol but I have monster truck tires and don't rub at all so a 15 with thick tires is like a 16 or 17 with low pros.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Thanks! THT LOOKS INSANE!!!!!!!

Comment

If the frame is touching the ground, you're at the max....and should raise it up a hair if you can get a jack under it.

Comment

Keep in mind that the lower you go, the more consideration you'll have to take in terms of camber correction, clearance, tire wear, cost, etc... Also, there is a point of diminishing returns... basically, lowering a car a little will improve handling and performance. Lowering it too much will cause it to handle terribly, to the point of being unsafe.

Whatever you do, get quality components... and DO NOT drop your car on stock shocks. You will need shocks that can handle the height, as well as the spring rate. If you do not understand these things, I suggest you do some serious research before you touch your car. Your suspension is one of the most important parts of your car, as your life is riding on it. If you don't modify it carefully, you could be risking your life (or the lives of your passengers, or anyone in your path when you lose control.) Not worth the risk to make your car look "cool" (personally, I think a slammed car looks broken... A 1.8-2.2" drop looks nice.)

Comment

I'm right there with mike (I believe is deev's name ha) it's pointless for daily driving.I'd say 2.5 is max drop for me i've did the slam business looks ok, but on real roads it's crap.If it was a super car i could see it, but i don't think you will see a 180mph accord on the track anytime soon even lowered 4inches.

02 Crv
                        02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                        92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                        Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Working...
                        X